AVIC411.com

I have a Z1 modified to a Z3 with the wired bypass. I also have a Pioneer rear view camera installed. I have always had the rear view image apprear full screen whenever I shifted into reverse, but something is amiss as it no longer is displayed (i.e. the map continues to display when in reverse). I can still get a rear image when I press the Map button and then on the screen press Rear View, so I know the camera and it's connections are OK.

I suspect that whatever wire connects to the AVIC so that it senses when the transmission is in reverse has malfuctioned, but I resently had to do a system reset because of other problems, and I wonder if there is a setting on on of the menus that I inadvertantly changed by the reset so that the image now doesn't apprear with the transmission in reverse.

Any thoughts?

• 6 months later...

Yeah, first check to see if your Back up camera is turned ON in your OPTIONS menu in the AV Settings.    Second thing to check is the Reverse wire signal that runs from the Navi and into the Reverse signal (usually the green wire).

If both everything seems fine and the camera is not broken, you probably had the same thing that happened to many Z1 units that had the Reverse Camera circuit that went out.   There was a thread about it but can't find it.      Its an internal hardware issue and affected alot of Z1's.