AVIC411.com

soft parking brake mod (aka safe mode "bypass" menu)

I am interested in carrying out this mod as well but the thing is that I've tried scouring youtube and google and I cannot even find the basic files required to put on my sd card. 

Can anyone please be kind enough to provide links to download the files that are required to go on the sd card ?

For example navi.exe  would be from the Z140bh but I need Testmode file that I can put on the sd card in the first place to get into the test mode. 

I know this thread has not been checked for long time but anyone ??

I do not want to go and get the hard hack done. 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone please be kind enough to provide links to download the files that are required to go on the sd card ?

All you need to get started is "super" TestMode.key on the SD. Get it here -> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35110-avic-f40bt-testmode-fixed-firmware/page__hl__supertestmode&do=findComment&comment=256194

BTW, what's "super" about this testmode key is that it unlocks privileged (and dangerous) functions like copy/paste/erase. Always have a backup before mod-ing. I recommend copying /USER to an SD and keeping it as a permanent backup.

Someone come kill me now. I bricked my unit. 

I did however make a backup of all the files but I just simply cannot paste them for some reason. Whenever I go in USer menu every item is disable other than "select, copy, delete, help"

I thought deleting all the files in user folder would enable the paste option but it rather killed my unit. 

How do I paste the files back please help me someone otherwise this would be a very expensive piece of brick that too in my car. 

Someone come kill me now. I bricked my unit. 

I did however make a backup of all the files but I just simply cannot paste them for some reason. Whenever I go in USer menu every item is disable other than "select, copy, delete, help"

I thought deleting all the files in user folder would enable the paste option but it rather killed my unit. 

How do I paste the files back please help me someone otherwise this would be a very expensive piece of brick that too in my car. 

I'm guessing that you are just having problems with the crappy user interface in the File Mainenance functions of TestMode. There's a mis-titled Youtube video   http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35110-avic-f40bt-testmode-fixed-firmware/page__hl__supertestmode&do=findComment&comment=256194   which shows pretty well how to do it. What he is showing is not Hackmode but Testmode. 

BTW, make sure you got the super testmode key from post #4 of the link I gave you. Be sure to un-zip it before you put the key file on the SD.

One other thing you should know is that paste will not overwrite an existing file. That's not your immediate problem, but might be useful later.

thanks a lot man but never mind got it fixed but I still cannot apply the bypass though. 

Also, I have AVIC-Z140bh and it shows I have version 4.000. I've tried everything from this post http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

and this one nothing works. 

In hex editor I do not even see the numbers he provided in the first post.. 

I feel like I have no other option left apart from physically getting it bypassed :( 

• 6 months later...

so for the nag screen when starting app mode or watching video, it seems there will need to be another mod made to av.exe - will be some time before I can look into this one, but others are welcome to work on this puzzle also in the mean time

Hello Pionara,

I rencently did this soft parking brake mod....

It works excellent so i want to thank you for your efforts writing the instruction.

The only problem is that the video function will still be lock out while i'm driving. Would you please look into this issue and share the offset to hack it to us? Thank you again

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, new to this forum.

I have an X950BH - when i purchased it I was chatting with the tech (told him I was looking at the hardware mod) and he directed me towards this site, since i had not seen a software PB bypass on this unit, I was prepared to do the hardware mod, I would REALLY rather carry out a soft mod if possible but I still cannot find one for this unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Hello, new to this forum.

I have an X950BH - when i purchased it I was chatting with the tech (told him I was looking at the hardware mod) and he directed me towards this site, since i had not seen a software PB bypass on this unit, I was prepared to do the hardware mod, I would REALLY rather carry out a soft mod if possible but I still cannot find one for this unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

I disagree. Do the hard mod (harness) once and you are finished. With a soft mod, you will be in the same boat after every update and upgrade. Pionora is the only one who understands the (Z110/z140) code enough to do the hack. He doesn't even have the same hardware (Z150/x950) is totally different code) - so I wouldn't count on him coming to rescue every time there's an update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Z120BT with the 2015 maps.

• Offset 15AEFC did not match the first post data, but I found the pattern at 15B02C.
  • Changing offset 15B02C from 02 00 56 E3 to 09 00 56 E3 made the SAFE MODE menu button appear in the settings menu.  Safe mode button appears to retain the setting when the car is switched on/off but neither setting prevents the parking brake warning from appearing on boot up.
  • Changing offset 15AEE8 from 01 10 A0 E3 to 00 10 A0 E3 made no difference that I could tell.
  • There are many pattern matches for "01 10 A0 E3" so I guessed wildly --  The pattern for Safe Mode was 130 hex offset higher than the original offset referenced in this post.
  • 15B018 = 130 hex offset higher than 15AEE8, AND it has the pattern we are looking for... but modifying this offset made no difference that I could perceive either.

Does anyone have any information about how to pursue this further?  I would like to avoid tearing my dash apart to find out what the installers did wrong with the parking brake wiring.  (The deck was installed several years ago for the previous owner, so taking it back to the installer and making them fix it is not an option unless I want to pay).  I don't care about watching videos... ever.  I would just like to have the radio just come on and work without having to acknowledge the parking brake prompt every time.  Yes, perhaps this makes me lazy... or just a quirk.   :-P 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

for me the hard wire mute move bypass is not working at all, so i want to try the sof bypass in order to get the parameter not greyed anymore !!

But i can't find the offsets mentioned but instead i can find 15AEE0 and not 15AEE8 for exemple with the correct pattern right after.

Do you think like mentioned by 8987846 in post 36 that there is a typo or a new seeting?

Thanks for your help,

Treker