AVIC411.com

soft parking brake mod (aka safe mode "bypass" menu)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have F9220BT.

with safe mode off could see videos while driving. and navigate all menus.

I updated with cnsd310 and although I see the option in the menu, do not let me see videos while driving, although this mode off.

if I put in on, limited access to some menus. and I can not put off until the car stops

I applied the hack to navi.exe. and I still can not videos with the car in motion. but if I can put the menu in safe mode on and off while driving.

any solution to watch the videos with the car moving?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have x9310bt and have updated it to 4.01 and have patched navi.exe. I can also do most of the things that required the parking brake. But video still requires the parking brake to be on.

I have also applied the patch to stop the nag screen coming up, but it comes up when I switch to my ipod.

Thanks for the all the great work Pionara!

but i think there are typos in #1 thread.

"1. Grab your navi.exe from your unit. (Keep a copy as a backup.) On your pc, with hex editor change:

a. offset 15aefc from 02 00 56 E3 to 09 00 56 E3.

b. offset 15aee8 from 01 10 A0 E3 to 00 10 A0 E3"

i think you mean 15aef0 and 15 aee0. or maybe i have slightly different unit(9310 is OEM version of 930?)

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

so for the nag screen when starting app mode or watching video, it seems there will need to be another mod made to av.exe - will be some time before I can look into this one, but others are welcome to work on this puzzle also in the mean time

I have a Z110 (originally) upgraded with CNSD310FM. After doing your nag screen hack, I have not seen any nag screens. I don't use Aha, but I do use Pandora over BT. Never seen a nag.

I wonder if bigwhopper80 (1 post) did the patch correctly (either wrong offset for his version or wrong PRG dir). Otherwise, I think there would be more posts confirming the issue.

Sorry, I was referring to the nag screen hack, not the soft PB mod - which is a totally different issue.

I have a Z110 (originally) upgraded with CNSD310FM. After doing your nag screen hack, I have not seen any nag screens. I don't use Aha, but I do use Pandora over BT. Never seen a nag.

I wonder if bigwhopper80 (1 post) did the patch correctly (either wrong offset for his version or wrong PRG dir). Otherwise, I think there would be more posts confirming the issue.

I actually haven't tried to install it yet on my 940, I have very little spare time lately and i fear messing it up which would require more time to tinker with it to get it working again. Thats why i was trying to find out too if it even works without a hardware bypass installed to see video while driving using this mod.

Ooopps, I just noticed which thread I was in. I saw pionara's comment about nag screens - and I thought he was talking about that (nag screen) hack. It seems you were talking about the PB bypass hack (without modding the cable). So - sorry - my comment above really doesn't apply to this hack - I did the hardware bypass.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your hard work on this and on the nag screen removal. Followed all your instructions carefully and both hacks worked the first time around. Internet high-five!

The weird thing about me enabling the safe mode toggle is that I don't actually want to do anything while I'm driving except TURN THE SCREEN OFF! Why on earth did Pioneer set it up so that the 'screen off' button (and shortcut when you hold the menu(?) key down) only works when you have the parking brake on? The only time I want to turn my screen off is when I'm on a dark highway somewhere and the bright light from the screen is shining in my eyes...

hi i just purchased an avic z140bh. interested in doing this.

my only issue is when i use condi-test mode and go to file management

i do not have the option to copy files only select delete all and help

am i missing something?

needed supertestmode now able to copy

problem now is i do not have listed hex values in my nav.exe in either prg folder

any help would b appreciated thanks

Hi, I have F9220BT.

with safe mode off could see videos while driving. and navigate all menus.

I updated with cnsd310 and although I see the option in the menu, do not let me see videos while driving, although this mode off.

if I put in on, limited access to some menus. and I can not put off until the car stops

I applied the hack to navi.exe. and I still can not videos with the car in motion. but if I can put the menu in safe mode on and off while driving.

any solution to watch the videos with the car moving?

I'm having the exact same problem with my F9220BT. I have even tried the harness bypass with the mute wire and everything. The video still turns off once the car is in motion.

Any solution to this yet?