AVIC411.com

Australian CNSD310FM 2012 Map update Group Purchase

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alternatively, if you know somebody with an x940/z140/f40/f940 or whatever in AU that is willing to help out, I think with testmode scripting, we can easily copy the existing NDATA folders off and make an update merging the AU NDATA with US 40 update that is out there...

Just a possibility...

as far as I remember in updates directory NDATA - map was packed/splitted with multiple archive, inside that archive was an disk image (?).

the same I could make via diskrw - which is included in hackmode.

maps were installed on seperate partition, probably you will only have to make a copy of nand2 partition via diskrw,

and then restore it on another device.

You can get those off of a 40 series by using testmode scripting to copy the entire NDATA/* to an sd card

On the upgrade image, i can just cat all the NDATA.xxx together, get an .IMG file that is mountable.

Via linux or mac, you can replace the actual files in the image with ones from AU 40 series.

You could then resplit everthing into NDATA.xxx

Howver, the question then would be getting update to recognize the "repacked" ndata image. Then ALLDATA.VER would need the crc32 hashes updated for each of the NDATA sections in the manifest. (not sure if tehre is some other stuff that needs to be done.)

Alternatively, you could just install a US update, etc, then wipe the NDATA folder and copy over the local regional one via testmode scripting.

That seems like a lot of work. Probably just easiest to do the group thing you are talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like we're back to square one.. its been a while since we've heard anything. So if we can get hold of a serial number we can purchase a map update? I wonder if it works only once, otherwise we might be able to get a serial number from a unit in a store.