AVIC411.com

Australian CNSD310FM 2012 Map update Group Purchase

Unless the "down-under" software and retail marketing strategy is completely different from the rest-of-the-world, you don't need a serial number to buy the CNSD310-FM upgrade. A valid HU serial number is only needed to register the upgrade SD's unique registration code on the Pioneer web-site - which then generates a unique password that can only be used to install the upgrade on that specific HU.

However, all that only applies when you install the un-hacked software. And pooling together to install the un-hacked software would be nonsense - since it can only be installed on one machine. So I don't unsterstand what you are discussing above. Buy the SD, copy the image, hack the files using Pionara's hack - done!

If my assumption in the 1st paragraph is wrong - and you do need an HU serial number in order to buy the CNSD310FM upgrade - no problem - use any of your HU's. It doesn't matter since you will apply the hack to break the unique password validation when installed. Still a simple way forward!

Am I missing something?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. My HU is Us one, and at least another one has European HU... so we can't send our Serial numbers to pioneer-Australia.

It's great that you found a donner, but with regard to being able to buy CNSD310-FM without needing a valid AU serial number, it sure looks like it can be done here: http://shop.pioneer....ic-f309309310bt

I even tried buying it and got up to where I had to confim the order. It only insisted upon a valid street address (not a PO box) - didn't ask for a serial number. And since you are never going to register it with Pioneer (because you don't need a password), you'll never need a serial number. That's what's got me confused here.

Anyway, moot point now.

the button has some dynamic style/js stuff that hides the form/button if it's out of stock.. I did a little bit of trickery to make the button appear but when i try to add it to the cart it reads:

CNSD310FM 2012 Map Upgrade for .AVIC-F30/930/9310BT out of stock

not sure what kind of business pioneer likes to run.

I wonder if the fact that they make it difficult to legally obtain map updates in some regions might drive users to the "unofficial" methods

not sure what kind of business pioneer likes to run.

I wonder if the fact that they make it difficult to legally obtain map updates in some regions might drive users to the "unofficial" methods

Pioneer Australia is strange... prices for HUs are almost twice compare to US ones, no WR at all, no satelite radio here.- even update prices - US one- 120USD, AU- 200+USD. For map that almost 4 times smaler. And they look like you need to beg them to get update even if you have money... ugly...

So I can't wait when someone hack these units and I'll run normal IGO on it. As far as I know modified portspliter does exist, so only problem is integrating third party navi to existing shell.

According to the guy who made portspliter: navi.exe also draws lots of settings windows, so it is not a option just to replace navi.exe. It is question how to intercept official map window and keep the rest functionallity of navi.exe

Ahh, so if you have US unit - the CARDINFO.CIF is for AU units.

So just for your special case, i think you can open CARDINFO.CIF in text editor. Find string X72AUS and change to X72UNC

Try that.

reference:

also, once you share ;) for others to make the update with older units (F10 or F20), they can modify the CARDINFO.CIF as follows:

search and replace exactly this text:

2X9D7LS4DQRH

with:

X07AUSX30AUS