AVIC411.com

Australian CNSD310FM 2012 Map update Group Purchase

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ralph, seems like you have the same kind of situation that user "jock" has. See this thread: #17

He was doing some experimentation with faking the region code on his EU unit to make it act like AU unit. But his problem was that he had EU maps in NDATA instead of AU maps. You might want to test out the same thing and see if it helps since you have "proper" NDATA for AU region. (I think you also want region code 2D)

Ralpharn, thats great news about being able to search by address :) I'm hoping to get a copy of the update from frozenwaffles too, just want to confirm its ok with him(her?) before I send the money. Like pionara mentioned, I played around with region code tweaking and managed to get my unit to - at least in some respects - think it was an AU version. Trouble was, when I did that, it was expecting to find all the AU English voice data for turn by turn navigation, but since I have an EU its British English, there was no voice prompts because it was no longer interested in the British English voice data. Even after trying to trick my unit into thinking the british english voice data was actually the AU voice data, I still couldn't manage to make it work. But If you now have AU English voice data, then I would imagine by doing the trick that pionara guided me with, that is, tricking the device into thinking its an AU, then I think it might work.

So with the update card, does that literally replace the entire NDATA folder? or does it replace large chunks but keep others? Does it mean the AU update will remove all remnants of my EU NDATA folder?

the NDATA has maps, pois, voice data, xm logos, and some other graphics stuff. This occupies all of the second partition of flash (NAND2). When you install the major update (such as CNSD-310FM) I believe it actually does a complete replacement of the entire disk by imaging it. The NDATA.001 ... .NNN are basically a split up disk image. So you should get AU voices, pois, maps, etc. Of course in order for the app to give you the choice of picking AU language and voice, it will only do that for what it thinks are AU units - hence the need to fake the device type.

Dear Pionara,

Thank you for your guidance. Can you also upload Ndata folder from X940BT-ish (without maps) I have problem with voice prompts and I hope I can fix it by copy "sound" folder from US unit. Also "TTSData" need some tweaks. But after update my unit has Australian files in that folders, so I need US files.

Another funny error after update: "Fastfood nerby" link leads to search parking nerby... :D

I successfully installed the update. Initially, I couldn't search by address because my unit was back to thinking its an EU version (Traffic Tuner also was back to not working also). So, I went back to the VR restoration thread where Pionara had a list of device codes. I changed the AplLib.dll as per the version 4.001 offset 1AF94, to '38' which corresponded to 'X15AU0' what I guessed was an Australian F940BT. Well once I did that everything worked. Address search, traffic tuner, australian voice TTS :) So the unit is acting almost exactly like an AU unit instead of an EU now.

I wonder what the difference between 38 - X15AU0 and 3A - X15AUD are?

I changed the AplLib.dll as per the version 4.001 offset 1AF94, to '38' which corresponded to 'X15AU0' what I guessed was an Australian F940BT. Well once I did that everything worked. Address search, traffic tuner, australian voice TTS :) So the unit is acting almost exactly like an AU unit instead of an EU now.
I wonder if FM step wll be changed.

i think i mentioned on some thread that I believe it is possible to modify configuration of several resistor banks to change the actual hardware region. There is a bank on the tuner board and another on the navi board.

Have a good look at the service manual - there are a few matrices that have the resistor layout for each region. Would be an interesting experiment if someone had the desire and skill to do it.

I had AplLib.dll modified for 3.000 and my unit pertended to be Australian and had EU settings for FM. So it is possible to do just software hack for region. Now I would like to give it a go for 4.010 but I stuck at installing hackmode... "There is no applicable program" error after hackmode instalation. Can we just replace files in software update? or use your supertestmode to replace 2 files? (Navi.exe and AplLib.dll)

just use supertestmode to replace the files. I think the "no applicable program" issue is because of the way hackmode is changing PRG.FLG and pointing to other PRG folder. Anyhow, it seems very buggy - would recommend against hackmode til condo sorts it out.

Also, hackmode moves av.exe to av1.exe and then puts a mortscript in as av. exe. This might also need to be undone.

I changed the AplLib.dll as per the version 4.001 offset 1AF94, to '38' which corresponded to 'X15AU0' what I guessed was an Australian F940BT. Well once I did that everything worked. Address search, traffic tuner, australian voice TTS :) So the unit is acting almost exactly like an AU unit instead of an EU now.
I did it to my unit and now it thinks it is .... European F940bt... %))

I'll try "3A" then... ;)

Update: 3A leads to the same:

Language UK English (and hips of EU languages)

Voice: UK English (without TTS!) (and hips of EU languages)...

according to Pionara we have: 3 = 3,D,13,20,24,29,2D,34,38,3A (Australia)

So I'll continue to try.

Sorry Pionara... I'am idiot %)) I need to change 05 00 a0 e1 to 38 00 a0 e3

Success! Unit thinks it is in Australia now!

Voice: English Australia (TTS) Also I got school zone signs. %))

But User Interface: UK English -is it Ok?

Even without any modification to my unit, I.e. when I first got it sent from Europe and installed it, there was no issues with receiving all FM/AM stations here, with good clarity. So I don't think its in a issue regardless of the AplLib tweak.

One thing I have noticed is that regardless of the state of the unit, every now and then I here a beeping sound while I'm driving. I'm not sure what this is, it may be something to do with the TMC traffic tuner alerting me to red light cameras or something, I'll look into it a bit more..

I'm glad to see you finally got the region changed Ralpharn.

I'm also having some problems with my unit after updating to EU v4.0 from 2.0. I don't have TTS Romanian voice anymore, I noticed that the folder TTSData does not contain the data for romanian voice, so I added it from my 2.0 backup thinking it would be an easy fix, but still the voice does not show, any ideeas on this? I don't even know if there is an Eastern Europe region code. Anyway to find out from my old 2.0 backup?