AVIC411.com

Australian CNSD310FM 2012 Map update Group Purchase

I am an owner of an AU version AVIC-F40BT, which I believe is also known as AVIC-Z130BT outside of Australia.

I am interested in getting updated maps as well. I just recently came back from a holiday drive from Sydney to Coffs Harbour. According to the navigator, I was actually "off grid" because the maps were not up to date to reflect road changes and some roundabouts were actually traffic lights instead now.

Pioneer Australia and NAVTEQ seem to be extremely useless in providing map updates for this unit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am an owner of an AU version AVIC-F40BT, which I believe is also known as AVIC-Z130BT outside of Australia.
AU version AVIC-F40BT- known as AVIC-Z140BT and it has so called "2012 maps".

Official navi is hopeless IMHO. Now couple of guys in Russia work for make stable hack for few programs, but main problem they have - it plays sounds only if you have mp3 playing. if it DVD, radio or you have it on OFF mode - there will be no sound from third party navi software. post-51370-0-04564600-1353973884_thumb.png Here is a picture of F930BT running 7ways software (with OSM -open source map) and bluetooth over the top- making call. And it has 6 satellites connected.

I'm glad to see you finally got the region changed Ralpharn.

I'm also having some problems with my unit after updating to EU v4.0 from 2.0. I don't have TTS Romanian voice anymore, I noticed that the folder TTSData does not contain the data for romanian voice, so I added it from my 2.0 backup thinking it would be an easy fix, but still the voice does not show, any ideeas on this? I don't even know if there is an Eastern Europe region code. Anyway to find out from my old 2.0 backup?

I do not know, but you may try this method:

1. choose language you do not need and it has TTS

2. Put in the Sound and TTSData folder Romanian voice files.

3. Prepare copy of Romanian voice files renamed to chosen language (see step 1.)

4. Replace chosen language files with these renamed ones. So now you have 2 copies of Romanian language in the folder but one renamed.

5. Select chosen language in settings menu.

6. Try it...

I hope you do not need to change LOPEDATA.DAT and PP.DAT files... but may be I am wrong.

I tried doing a similar thing to get UK English TTS working for my 'pseudo' AU F930BT, using a similar method to what you mentioned Ralpharn, but couldn't get it to work. I reckon its more than just copying folders and files. I have a feeling there are files which need editing. Only once I did the map update which contained the correct language TTS data, was I able to get the voice working. Hopefully it works in Tudors case though...

I have little problem with radio. After region change hack (i put region code "38") I have limited radio friquency range from 87.9 to 97.8 (?) and step is 0.05Mhz on 4.01 software.

And using same hack I have 87.9-107.9Mhz range with step of 0.2Mhz on 3.01 software (as it should be). What am I doing wrong?

I do not know, but you may try this method:

1. choose language you do not need and it has TTS

2. Put in the Sound and TTSData folder Romanian voice files.

3. Prepare copy of Romanian voice files renamed to chosen language (see step 1.)

4. Replace chosen language files with these renamed ones. So now you have 2 copies of Romanian language in the folder but one renamed.

5. Select chosen language in settings menu.

6. Try it...

I hope you do not need to change LOPEDATA.DAT and PP.DAT files... but may be I am wrong.

Well I tried replacing a language with Romanian by changing all replacement language related files in SOUND, TTSData and TTSData/Transdata with no luck. When selecting the replaceed language it doesn't want to speak a word. I think there might be some other files that need changing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried to update X940BT with 4.1+map update- it doesn't start update process. Anything I can do to force it to start update?

Ralph,

Warning: this is uncharted territory. You can probably get this to install, but I dont know how it's going to behave reinstalling 4.01 software over the top of an existing 4.0 install. So use at your own risk...

if you are using the 2012 AU update SD, then you will need to edit the CARDINFO.cif to match your hardware model or use the cardinfo.cif from us 2012 update.

To edit, open in text editor, and find the 6 letters either X15AU0 or X15AUD, and then replace the next 6 letters after that with X15UC0.

This will trigger the update to work on US X940BT, and when used in combination with my VERINFO.DAT, it should continuously reattempt upgrade - although you will need to do it only once.

Again, re-applying an update should work - but I have never tested this.

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to this forum and have been reading posts until my head hurts but haven't found the answer.  I have a map coverage question , does anyone know if the Pioneer product "Australia CNSD310FM 2012" includes New Zealand?  I am guessing it does as New Zealand is always bundled with Australia or Oceania.  I brought my F940BT online from Europe and want to use it in NZ.