AVIC411.com

Z2 Dead after Car Accident

I got rear-ended at a red light by someone going ~40mph. I'm okay other than whiplash and a stiff neck, but my beloved Avic-Z2 literally went dark. I tried holding in the reset button on the front hoping that maybe it just shut down to preserve the hard drive when I got slammed, but no luck. I searched through the manual in hopes of an answer, but I found nothing. I figured I'd come here and ask you all before I tear my my dash apart to check for loose connections.

The Jar from the crash could have knock the connection in the back out (if it wasn't locked in .. or not inserted fully?)... if the Fuse thing doesn't work out... try that!... if all connections are fully inserted.. then it might be bad news!

Wow, 40 MPH must have been a huge hit from the back. My wife just got hit a few weeks ago and totalled my old Civic. The wife got pretty banged up, but the Z2 survived unhurt. Go figure. She got knocked off the road and lauched across the median, landing on the other side of the road in excess of 55 MPH. I bet your Z2 is okay too. It probably damaged some circuity in the rear of the car and blew a fuse like the others said. It's very unlikely it would damage it enough where it wouldn't even light up the buttons.

Wow, 40 MPH must have been a huge hit from the back. My wife just got hit a few weeks ago and totalled my old Civic. The wife got pretty banged up, but the Z2 survived unhurt. Go figure. She got knocked off the road and lauched across the median, landing on the other side of the road in excess of 55 MPH. I bet your Z2 is okay too. It probably damaged some circuity in the rear of the car and blew a fuse like the others said. It's very unlikely it would damage it enough where it wouldn't even light up the buttons.

It wasn't too fun. The car ended up being totalled - cracked condenser and radiator, a ton of trunk/rear damage, two busted bumpers. I've been in a rental and looking for new cars so I haven't gotten a chance to go to my car at the repair shop to check the fuse. I think what I'm going to do is just get the money, take out my Z2, buy a new civic (eyeing a 2006 atm), and then just install it and figure out what the problem is. If it's completely shot, I'll just buy a standalone gps and live without an iPod adapter :(