AVIC411.com

X940BT When using iPhone to listen to music, no sound through cable

I had the x940bt installed recently and succesfully connected the bluetooth and can play music through bluetooth but when I use the cable that inserts into my Iphone, allowing me to see the files and folders, when I go to play a song, the deck says that it is playing but there is no sound what so ever.

Bluetooth works fine, could the bluetooth function be over-riding the cable? If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks,

Kyle

You have to also use the aux in input, the one that splits off from the usb cable, to get audio. The headunit does not support sound via usb. I know its crazy that they would do something this stupid but this is the only way (I have family with iphones and we have to do this every time in my car).

Check out the owners manual page 22 for a picture, http://www.pioneerel...anual030212.pdf

The picture shows an integrated usb and audio plug coming from the phone. I just use a regular usb ipod/iphone cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

• 4 months later...

Yes

You must use the two ports on the unit USB and AUX port. I went crazy too at first. Even going back to the store to return my cable arguing with the tech guys that the cable was wrong. Its kind of dumb that we have to use both ports in front of the unit. I was really confused because my old Pioneer: Pioneer AVH-P2400BT only required plugging in via USB only.

• 2 weeks later...