AVIC411.com

Hi Everyone

I brought a car yesterday that had the AVIC X910BT unit in it.

The Navigation works great, but nothing on the bluetooth side works. When I press 'phone', it goes to a screen where you cannot press any 'button' on the screen, they are all greyed out. I can't even hit the 'phone settings' button.

On the 'settings' screen, I can only press the AV settings and AV sounds. The 'navi settings' and 'system settings' are greyed out.

I've looked all over for the solution to this, and I genuinely cannot find a solution anywhere so I was hoping someone here with knowledge could help me out? Soccer I know about, car stereos I don't :)

Thanks in advance!

post-69325-0-63531100-1349473883_thumb.jpg

post-69325-0-55366700-1349473908_thumb.jpg

post-69325-0-53426000-1349473972_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:14 AM, Brett W said:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue

As pionara stated, that is a symptom of the parking brake not being detected as engaged. Either it isn't set, or it isn't wired correctly. Did it ever work?  Who installed it? Is it a new-to-you vehicle?

To be clear, the OP's problem has nothing to do with Bluetooth. The headunit will not allow the user into some of the menu screens while driving so it forces the driver to engage the parking brake first.  Another symptom is that you can not enter a destination into the Nav. It only shows your current location on the map.

So the headunit must detect that the parking brake is set. There is a harness modification posted long ago to bypass this. It involves moving a wire in the harness and grounding the moved wire.

If you are indeed just having problems with only Bluetooth, then that usually is a hardware problem. However some have force-written the bluetooth firmware using TestMode. I've never tried that and the Testmode user interface isn't well documented.