AVIC411.com

Unit doesnt boot at all just a black screen, buttons light up for 10-15 seconds then the button lights go out and I can just hear the fan running. I can enter the service mode go to update windows ce(with a SD card and Files), but when it goes to write, it freezes at 5 percent. I've tried 2.0,3.0, and 4.01 all freeze at 5%. Whats left to try?

When you say "service mode" do you mean the blue (uboot) menu?

did you try wince w/ format from uboot menu?

Afterwards, are you able to boot into testmode to wince desktop?

Another question (please DONT do this) - did you attempt to do anything in uboot that messed with MBR? (this is not good, but we would need to know if you did)

Regardless if you did or did not, you may want to look at this thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22599-solved-the-formatmbr-sdmlc-and-mapdbinfo-error-0x0000-also-the-major-fix/

Yes, uboot menu, and I've tried w/ formant and just update. I have been useing the mbr fix thread and torrent full of the files , but 5% is a far as it will go.

My radio was working when I went to work, started home and the buttons came on for 10-15 seconds then went off unit doesnt boot at all just a black screen. (I was not working on it when this started)

Is there a way to formant the system and start fresh? and is the uboot like the bios on PC?

Thanks for the help!!!!!

This is 100% what I have done.

1)Format your SD card or Cards Fat32

2)Add WinCe files to your SD card

a) go to Avic Provlem Solver Files>Wince Copies>From 2.0

B) Copy these two files (Winceimg.Bin and Winceimg.cks)

c) Paste these to the route of your SD card

d) Eject SD card

3)Go out to your car. Start up the AVIC then try to enter Service Mode

a)Press Reset, EJECT, MAP, MENU all at the same time

b)Let go of Reset but continue to hold the rest

c) When you hear your speakers make a small pop sound let go of EJECT but continue to hold MAP and MENU

d) A blue screen will appear that says press reset DO NOT press reset

c) enter this code in, as you do * will apear at the bottom of the screen for each button pushed. on the nob Push

UP UP DOWN MENU LEFT RIGHT

d) This enters you in SERVICE MODE

4) Do not mess around in here, this is what leads to bricking of uinits! Once in here press the nob in for Windows Upgrade

5) insert SD card in the slot and then click the first Option Upgrade from SD/USB (formated)

Its shows Reading, and going up to 100% then it says writing , and stops at 5% (I've tried 2 different SD Cards with WINCEIMG and WINCEIMG.CKS on them from 2.0, 3.0 4.01)

Is it time for funeral services, or does my radio still have a chance?