AVIC411.com

Some album artwork doesnt show ..

I have an AVH-P8400BH and I noticed for some reason when I load music via USB 2.0 16gb stick, SOME of the album artwork doesnt show, yet the same album artwork shows when I stream from my iphone connected via USB cable. Does anyone know why ? does the artwork has to be in a certain format ?

I was having the same problem when playing music from an SD Card. I found out that the default pic size for most of iTunes album artwork was 600x600 and the max pic size the unit will display as album artwork is 500x500. Once I fixed this on the files, they all display fine now. I used a program called MP3Tag on a PC to change the artwork. To be safe, I only used this program on the files on the SD Card so it would not affect anything in iTunes.

I know you said that you were using files off of the USB drive but the problem might be the same.

If you have a PC, MP3Tag seems to be a pretty decent program and it is free. You can select the drive or location of the files you want to edit. I still have yet to find a program that I can use to do the same for my MacBook that is free or paid. They all only seem to want to point to your iTunes library and no external drive of anykind.

If you have a PC, MP3Tag seems to be a pretty decent program and it is free. You can select the drive or location of the files you want to edit. I still have yet to find a program that I can use to do the same for my MacBook that is free or paid. They all only seem to want to point to your iTunes library and no external drive of anykind.

Yea I have a PC. I downloaded that program, gonna use it over the weekend. Now, since you used it, let me ask you this, can it batch resize album art to a certain size ?

Its so fucking weird that if I connect my iPhone to the headunit via USB, it shows ALL artwork no matter what size it is, its so strange its not like that with the USB drive.

Just now seeing your post.

Now I'm concerned what I am missing because for some reason mine won't show any artwork over 500x500 and I thought I saw in the manual or another forum that it was the max. I guess that was wrong or I missed something. Sorry that my idea wasn't the fix for ya. Let me know if you figure it out and this time I'll subscribe to the thread.

I'm still dealing with the iPhone 5/8400BH issues and now it is looking like advanced app mode will not be supported with the advanced app mode cable and lighning adapter. I hope that is not right.

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever figure this out? This is driving me crazy!

Im still trying to figure this out. Its so f'in weird. A song that I stream via USB cable from my phone shows the artwork, yet the same song, the same file does NOT show the SAME artwork if I play from a USB. Some artwork shows up from USB, some doesnt. Streaming from the phone via USB shows ALL artwork.

• 3 weeks later...

Album Art Solution !!!!!!

Here it is, could be due to many reasons, 5 mostly, found answers on this site.

I have the AVHP-8400BH and Im still working on all of this , but makes sense.

Im currently using the Mp3Tag, but also have itunes open, just so happens , that while following instructions on site below, Ive confirmed that the art work that are not showing are all with ID3v2.2,, and Itunes has a utility if you right click on a song or your entire collection to change the ID3 Tag to the reccomended ID3v 2.3

http://tips4pc.com/computer-gadgets/five-reasons-your-mp3-player-doesnt-show-your-album-art.htm

Finally

UPDATE

A couple of hours into it , and have noticed that with the change of ID3Tag version , most of the 18,000 plus songs on an 128 GB USB Drive, have shown artwork, however, I ALSO HAD TO USE DE MP3TAG , FOR CONVERSION OF THE IMAGE TO FRONT COVER AS STATED ON

# 3. Misuse of the ‘picture type’, CLICK ON ENTIRE COLLECTION AND RIGHT CLICK HOVERING OVER IMAGE ON THE LEFT (empty because multiple file/songs have been selected), and convert to front cover.

gOOD lUCK

• 4 weeks later...