AVIC411.com

European 2012 Q1 TeleAtlas/TomTom Maps - Complete Guide

Working installations  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do these 2012 maps work on your unit?

• Yes!
    • No. Please state your unit type number in the comments!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello :)

My sister bought used car with AVIC-HD3. Problem is that she doesn't have slovenian maps and also others are quite old. I am wondering if this TomTom release would work and what updates would i need?

Yesterday i succesfully unlocked disk but problem is that i have no proper maps and *fdl files are not suitable for that firmware.

Help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• kimln, probably, you are not deleting the previous maps before you add the new ones. The Flash disk does not have enough spare capacity to copy and replace within its own memory. You have to delete before all your maps and then copy at the Igo/map folder the new content.

Good luck!

okay, so if the total size of the flash disk is 2GB, how on earth do you want me to extract the content of the 9 zip files from Bento, to the flash disk, when the extracted files from the 9 zip files, is 2.04GB? Am i freeking stupid, or what is going on here?Even if i delete the MAPS, POI and License folder, whitch i did every time i tried making this work, that will only free up 1.5GB of space, not even close to be enough, to get the 2.04GB from this guide on the flash disk:-P

I too have 2.04 GB when NTQ_2012.Q1 from rapidshare is unpacked with 7-Zip:

ezrider.exe = 5.99MB

POI (folder) = 274MB

MAP (folder) = 1.76GB

LICENSE (folder) = 16KB

On my 900BT flash disk the folders (as found using this guide) are the following:

ezrider.exe = 6.38MB

POI (folder) = 62MB

MAP (folder) = 1.01GB

LICENSE (folder) = 5KB

I am prepared to delete some of the countries to squeeze it on the unit but do i need to? I have a 32GB SD Card but I do not want to run into the same problems as others - can someone confirm how they got this to work? Basically, have I messed up somehow and, if not, will this extra approx 1GB just copy straight across?

I am moving to Germany on monday and really want to get my 900BT updated before I go. Alfonso / Trulf you are the most recent poster who references the 4.01.zip from elsewhere, any idea where i can find a working link for this I would love to emulate your efforts but cannot find it anymore.