AVIC411.com

Solved: After CNSD310-FM upgrade, no Mute Level (attenuation) on Z110

Have others been able to confirm weather this issue is present on 110bt upgraded units ?

I also read somewhere about the traffic hardware not working after this upgrade, confirmable ?

Pete

So far as I know, I am the only one to report the loss of [Mute Level] control on the AV system settings menu.

I will verify tomorrow if ND-TMC10 Traffic Tuner works with my Z110 hardware.. However, I am pretty certain that the report you are referring to was really just either a defective tuner or confusion with the old MSN traffic tuner, which stopped working in Jan 2012 regardless of which software you use.

So far as I know, I am the only one to report the loss of [Mute Level] control on the AV system settings menu.

I will verify tomorrow if ND-TMC10 Traffic Tuner works with my Z110 hardware.. However, I am pretty certain that the report you are referring to was really just either a defective tuner or confusion with the old MSN traffic tuner, which stopped working in Jan 2012 regardless of which software you use.

I installed the ND-TMC10 today with no issues. This is in a z110 running Apl 4.010 (CNSD310-FM).

Edit: After posting this, I realized I was hijacking my own thread with the ND-TMC10 discussion. So please - no more - it works both w/old hardware and the CNSD310FM. If, for some reason your's doesn't please start a new thread. One problem at a time! Thanks

So back to your problem. You can try wiping EVERYTHING out under USER and manually copying over USER\PRG0 from the Update\USER\PRG folder

that will reset pretty much everything...

Do you still have an antenna selection in that menu?

I will try zapping and reloading \USER later today - I hope. And yes, I still have the ANT CTRL. I can toggle it between POWER and Radio.

Since I had the /USER stuff backed-up onto an SD, I used a hex editior with a Search Drive function to scan for the string "ANT CTRL" and did not find it. So I wonder if some for this settings menu s/w is in System or somewhere else.

Many of the UI text are in Language files in LangData/StringData/FOO.LNG

apps usually do a lookup of some index to the string in this table. I started another thread with a perl script that dumps the strings with their index number beside them.

Unfortunately, there are a number of places where for some reason the string isnt referenced via this string table. So this is only good for maybe half of the strings.

For example, cant find in the code where the strings to the nag screen referenced, but I know i which ones they are in the lang file. :(

./printstrings.pl UCUSENU.LNG | grep ANT

04f9: ANT CTRL

Thanks for the explanation. I forgot about the language issue. I'm more used to seeing hard-coded strings inside the binary code files. That indirection will may if much more difficult to locate where the strings constants are accessed.

AFA my problem, I took your advice and deleted everythinh under /USER, then restored from the original SD image PRG0 and the other stuff in the SD under \Update\USER. After rebbot and initialization, I still have the issue with Mute Settings (and the ANT CTRL is still there)!

In reading the Condi's Hackmode thread, I found two instances with the exact same problem from 2011. One was Condi himself - but I never found a resolution to the problem. So I posted a request in that thread. Since it seemed off-topic, I lined to this dedicated thread ask for any responses. Hope to at least hear from Condi soon.

SOLVED: so simple (of course). In Condi's Hackmode thread - a user said to do a hard reset by cutting power to the unit. I had already tried that, but then realized that the fuse I pulled was only the switched power (the red wire), and that would only do what normally happens when turning off the ignition. So I located the fuse for the unswitched (yellow wire), pulled it for about 10 seconds - Voila!!!!

Wow, what a waste of time for something so simple. Thank's pionara and the others who chipped in. Hope this helps the next victim. Updated the thread title to change "Warning" to "Solved".

• 4 months later...

Hi there I am new to this forum and to modding the AVIC, I noticed RonS you seem to be very active and knowledgable about it tho. My question is I recently updated my Z110 to the 120 using the guide in the forum. Now that I've done this I noticed there are further hacks for it up to the 130 it looks like. Is there a guide to get there or any advice on what and where I should go next? Thanks for any help you can provide!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my problem is similar to many here on the site.
My story.
I have a avic z120bt,
I used the last update CNSD310-FM as tips by colleagues
The update was so quiet.
I made the mistake of using hackmode v2, 21, to complete the implementation of the program, my unit came with the following error "there is no applicable program"
soon after tried hackmode v2, 2 and continued the same mistake.
I tried several steps to create PRG.FLG, copy and rename PRG0 to PGR1, and soon after replacing in the system through testmode, but not out of the error
I ask for your opinion in this way to remedy this error.
Note: I have the backup of the system with the previous version of the new update. I tried to replace the already existing and nothing.
I need help please.

Hello, my problem is similar to many here on the site.
My story.
I have a avic z120bt,
I used the last update CNSD310-FM as tips by colleagues
The update was so quiet.
I made the mistake of using hackmode v2, 21, to complete the implementation of the program, my unit came with the following error "there is no applicable program"
soon after tried hackmode v2, 2 and continued the same mistake.
I tried several steps to create PRG.FLG, copy and rename PRG0 to PGR1, and soon after replacing in the system through testmode, but not out of the error
I ask for your opinion in this way to remedy this error.
Note: I have the backup of the system with the previous version of the new update. I tried to replace the already existing and nothing.
I need help please.