AVIC411.com

Compatibility email from Pioneer...

I just received this in my email:

To our Valued Customers:

As the leader in smartphone connectivity across a wide range of our products, Pioneer continues to fully embrace new smartphone platforms and product introductions, as well as the connected lifestyle.

Since the release of Apple’s new iPhone 5 and iOS 6 operating system, we have been testing the compatibility of relevant Apple products with Pioneer automotive, home and DJ products that are designed to support certain iPod, iPhone and iPad devices. We are committed to providing you with up-to-date information, and are developing reference guides that identify compatibility with the features and functions of our products.

We recently completed compatibility testing with our current line of car electronics in-dash audio video receivers. This comprehensive guide is now available on our website, at www.pioneerelectronics.com/ipod. Compatibility guides for our Home Audio/Video products and DJ products will be available soon.

We recommend that you check our website and Facebook page periodically for additional updates and new information.

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but this sounds like a company with no intention of doing anything about existing products (other than telling us what will and won't work)

Yeah, this information is useless for existing owners as well. Anyone who already owns a unit is well aware of whether their iphone 5 works with it or not, we waited weeks for them to tell us what we already know? Pioneer just plain sucks. How about telling us whether they intend to develop a firmware update, updated cable, or anything which will provide compatibility in the future? That is what we need to know. God I hate Pioneer, I'm never buying one of their products ever again.. I'll go back to Kenwood or some other company.

It's all a massive fail at this point. I blame apple for keeping it all a secret. If they sent out specs on the lightning port months ago to all these companies we'd have better answers by now.

As you can see from the link already provided the 30pin to Lightning adapter addresses most of the issues with the iphone 5, except video.

If you are using the pioneer USB/3mm to 30 pin cable, I recommend you purchase this cable:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=45

This version will work with any case and connects nicely to the pioneer cable.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from the link already provided the 30pin to Lightning adapter addresses most of the issues with the iphone 5, except video.

If you are using the pioneer USB/3mm to 30 pin cable, I recommend you purchase this cable:

http://store.apple.c...r-02-m?fnode=45

This version will work with any case and connects nicely to the pioneer cable.

I already know about all of that, Thanks for the help though. I'd rather get the adapter anyway, no need for an extra cable. It's still a massive fail on apples part regardless. If I didn't want video I would've bought one of pioneers cheaper head units that only does pandora and ipod capabilities. I spent $800 on this Z130bt that now cant do the main thing that I bought it to do.

• 3 weeks later...

It's still a massive fail on apples part regardless.

thats just part of being an apple customer, eventually you'll either get used to getting screwed and having to re buy all of your expensive accessory's that have been rendered useless by apples "upgraded" design changes or you move on...