AVIC411.com

• 4 weeks later...

I have just the same issue - Slacker presets appear only on my phone and can be played via bluetooth audio, but that defeats the purpose of the app on the radio. Running the app from the radio, everything seems OK, except the Slacker stations don't appear on the Pioneer screen... Anyone else run into this? Advice?

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know about slacker, but i use aha for shoutcast radio streaming. i had to edit presets on the phone first to get them all the way i wanted, then when i run the unit in aha mode, i can scroll by dragging the list up and down. I have sent some feedback to aha. Their implementation of the UI is not quite as polished as pandora.

Examples:

1. when you are on a shoutcast station, clicking on the name brings up an info box, but pauses the music. Same happens when you navigate back to the list of stations. Pandora doesnt stop the music til you select a new station to listen to.

2. pandora uses the FF (right arrow) button to advance tracks. Would be nice to see aha use this to step back and forth through presets.

• 2 weeks later...

same thing here... I updated my x930bt today and when I launch Aha, all that shows up is hotels. traffic, coffee, and hungry. I have 12 other presets in Aha via Slacker as well as Facebook.

this wouldn't have anything to do with the advanced app functions that are only with the iPhone, would it?

Pandora is okay, but I've been using Slacker for almost two years now with an upgraded paid account, and I've really come to like it...

• 5 weeks later...

I've noticed that custom stations I've created on the web via the slacker website do not show up within the Aha radio app, even after linking the account. They show up fine on the slacker radio app, but not within aha. Only the generic slacker stations show.

Anybody else having luck with getting the stations you create to show in Aha?

Just to add, I contacted Aha regarding custom Slacker stations not showing. They only offer 150 of the pre programmed Slacker stations on the app, none of the user created stations.

Since my last post, I did add some Slacker stations to the presets on Aha and I notice none of them show on the head unit either. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with no support on the head unit for the heart and block icons that the app uses vs. the thumbs up and down like Pandora and the others use. Hmmmmmmm.

I did find some articles from September 2011 saying, "Unfortunately, the current Pioneer radios that are Aha-ready will not work with Slacker when Aha adds it this fall. Slacker requires the hardware maker to include “heart†and “ban†buttons similar to Pandora’s thumbs up thumbs down buttons, which are not included in the Pioneer radios, said Aha’s Robert Acker. He suggested that next generation Pioneer radios could be compatible."

It appears the time between September and the release of the x940bt (or upgrades for 920 and 930 models) wasn't enough time for Pioneer to add it I'm guessing.