AVIC411.com

Great forum, great collaboration. I have spent long days researching here but I just can't find the right solution. I've managed to brick my X930bt upgrading to the stock 3.001FW. I get the black Pioneer splash screen and amber button lights (which I set beforehand) and then the screen goes black with no response to any inputs. I've performed the Condi Hackmode to-the-letter and am only able to use version 1.4, which goes into TestMode. Once in Testmode I can traverse both the SD file structure and the deck itself. The Autoinstall Hackmodes boot and run the "red screen" and will also run the "white screen" that copies files from SD to the system. After the "green screen" reboots... I get the Pioneer splash screen and then nothing again. But V1.4 works every time.

There are links to the "F" series system backups but many of the links are dead. My understanding is that the X and F are fairly similar? My search for "X" backups however yields no results. This is humbling, but I would like your help\input even though I'll be chastised for not performing my own backup. :neutral:

if you can boot to the "Testmode" then hope is not lost. You do not have a brick.

go into testmode, filemanager.

Is USER\PRG.FLG file present? If so, your unit the APL (application) in PRG1. If USER\PRG.FLG does not exist, then it boots APL out of PRG0

PRG.FLG is just an empty file that serves as a marker.

If it exists, try deleting and booting. If it does not exist, try creating an empty PRG.FLG on your PC, copy to your sd card, then boot in testmode and copy as USER\PRG.FLG

Remove sd card and reboot.

This will try to boot the alternate (previous) version of the APL before the upgrade (3.000 ?)

------

If that doesnt work, then you can try deeper surgery:

1. copy the 3.001 update folder (AVICZ110) to an sd, that also has TESTMODE.KEY at root of sd card

2. insert SD card, boot into testmode, open filemanger

3. remove USER\PRG.FLG so that we ensure unit boots out of USER\PRG0

4. delete the files and folders inside directory USER\PRG0

5. copy the files and folders inside SD\AVICZ110 into USER\PRG0 folder

6. reboot

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. I installed condi's hack with the auto installer and my x930 rebooted to a black screen. When I put an SD card it it restarts like it's doing something but that's it. It will not accept any other forms of input. I can not get in to hackmode or testmode. Any suggestions?

EDIT* disconnected the battery to disconnect the constant power for a "full" reboot. Was able to get back in to testmode and repair using your copy/paste method.

I had a similar issue doing the auto load hack on my x930. It booted to a windows like screen and when rebooted it went to the splash screen and stuck. I tried the 1.4 and that then went into the testmode or whatever its called where I accidentally erased the file I needed to copy/paste the original avic files too. :( prg0 or whatever is gone and I thought the worst. I tried a longshoremen and ran the upgrade from pioneer and it fixed it. Lucky me. I don't know if the hack is still there, I am fine without it. I will stay flashing my android and leave car audio flashing to you guys. This is a great forum and has helped me more than I imagined and would love to thank those who's ideas helped me. May PayPal a few brewskis and formally thank those....

• 2 months later...

The battery on my car died, I changed it, and when I tried to turn the radio back on, it was asking for a security code, which apparently I couldn't remember. I went online searching for help, cause I didn't feel like sending my radio to California and spending the 70 bucks plus shipping they charge to reset the password. I came across Condi's hack. I thought I could do it, but I am an idiot, so I don't know exactly what I did wrong, but now my radio is stuck on the splash screen when I first turn on the radio.. I can go into hack mode, but if I don't do that, the radio is just stuck there, and I am helplessly stuck with my radio being completely frozen. I called Pioneer to ask them what I can do, and they told me that they charge a flat rate of $230 to fix it. WTF!?!?! There has to be a better way. If there's somebody out there that can help guide me, or if you live in the NYC area, can fix it for me, I'd be willing to pay as long as your prices aren't astronomical like Pioneer's. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks pionara.. I'll try, but I'm a real noob, as far as this stuff goes. I always install radios and speakers and stuff like that on my own, but as far as this stuff goes, I'm clueless. I'll try to use your method. It seems very detailed, but trying to use the Condi hack is the way I got into this mess in the first place.. I'll try within the next few days, and see what happens. Thanks again!!

• 1 year later...

I have the same pro lem as codhitman, but when I go into hackmode, there is NO user folder on there at all.... I downloaded a copy from the iternet and used hackmode to copy it over to the unit. When I rebooted it was the same problem... Back into hackmode and the files I copied are magically gone... Tried again several times with no luck.... Is there a way to use hackmode to just completly reflash a stock image?

I also noticed that the system drive had 3 partitions... On mine 2 were mounted, but one wasn't. Bad drive? Or is that the way its supposed to be?

• 4 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2012 at 12:26 AM, pionara said:

if you can boot to the "Testmode" then hope is not lost. You do not have a brick.

go into testmode, filemanager.

Is USER\PRG.FLG file present? If so, your unit the APL (application) in PRG1. If USER\PRG.FLG does not exist, then it boots APL out of PRG0

PRG.FLG is just an empty file that serves as a marker.

If it exists, try deleting and booting. If it does not exist, try creating an empty PRG.FLG on your PC, copy to your sd card, then boot in testmode and copy as USER\PRG.FLG

Remove sd card and reboot.

This will try to boot the alternate (previous) version of the APL before the upgrade (3.000 ?)

------

If that doesnt work, then you can try deeper surgery:

1. copy the 3.001 update folder (AVICZ110) to an sd, that also has TESTMODE.KEY at root of sd card

2. insert SD card, boot into testmode, open filemanger

3. remove USER\PRG.FLG so that we ensure unit boots out of USER\PRG0

4. delete the files and folders inside directory USER\PRG0

5. copy the files and folders inside SD\AVICZ110 into USER\PRG0 folder

6. reboot

Maybe you can help me. I have z120 with the latest map update, was trying the nag screen mod, deleted the PRG .FLG on accident then trying to fix it deleted both navi.exe in PRG0 and PRG1. I am trying to put navi.exe back in both PRG0 and PRG1, but I can't paste, what am I doing wrong? I downloaded the map update again along with shortfuse hack for the update then reinsert map update and nothing. I was hoping that would just replace the files.

So now I went into Path: USER\ PRG0 \ Apl \ selected and deleted everything. Went back to Path: SD \ UPDATE \ USER \ PRG \ APL \ selected and copied everything then back to  Path: USER\ PRG0 \ Apl \ to paste, but paste is greyed out and can not be selected.