AVIC411.com

So i will be getting my appradio in two days. So my question is does anyone know if the wire for the reverse lights to run the rear camera is just a 12 volt power led. So when the power comes on the lights the camera comes on.

My idea is to add a front camera as well. So if the camera is only activated by the wire getting just power from the rear lights. Then i can add a video switch to control two or more video inputs. For exsample if i bought this http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/avs200.html and added a 3 way switch running the power from say a cig lighter. I should be able to flip the switch from camera to camera with the 3rd switch being a off switch. This way i can just turn on what ever camera i want at anytime.

Can someone confirm this for me. Everything i have read seems like this would be able to work. I also seen a 4 way spliter that will allow up to four videos feeds on one screen.

Also thinking with this idea you can also add any video RCA input.

Thanks for any help

Your idea will work just fine. In my case, I tapped into the middle wire of my trailer plug on my truck, which is the backup lights. You will need to tap into an accessory wire because you certainly don't want to be powering two cameras while the vehicle is turned off. The appradio uses the reverse wire to trigger the video input, but there is a little camera icon in the upper right of the screen where you can switch to that input at will.

texbuck

Awesome thanks. Yeah I figure if I use a three way switch I can use the third to cut all power. That way I can just flip it on when needed. Good news my radio came in today so it will all be installed tomorrow. Maybe I will post a video of it when it's all done. Also decided to install my apple tv using the hdmi. To bad there's not video out 2 zone with it. That would be perfect