AVIC411.com

Full AppRadio2 control via Android phone via ARLiberator App

Finally!!!!!!!

Just released on Google Play, the ARLiberator App gives you full control of your Android phone via the head unit. I just got done testing it and it worked like the appradio2 should of when it was released. The app is $29 but worth every penny. Best app I have ever purchased so far.

I have the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. I had to root my phone with a free droid razr root utility 1.81 via my computer, just do a google search, and then uninstall the appradio app from my phone. Connect the phone via hdmi, launch the ARLiberator App, pair via bluetooth to your phone, go through the head unit onscreen calibration where you touch 4 red dots..... and then you have full control of your Android phone via touch screen on your head unit. Simply awesome!!!!!

Sorry if this is old news, but I couldn't be happier right now and had to share the news.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so what am I doing wrong? I've rooted my phone, un-installed appradio- app from my phone and cleared the previous bluetooth connection. I now connect my phone, and immediately get a pairing request. I hit pair, open up the app and all I get is "connecting". No dots, no connection. I am using a Motorola Driod Razr on 4.0.4. I've gone to the developer's site and can't find line by line instructions on how to do it, so I hope I'm just missing a step or something. Was I supposed to take out Car Keyboard or Car Media Player?

Have you tried going into the arliberator app and the far top right settings tab, click it and click the calibration tab, this should bring you to the red dot calibration on your head unit.

Also, hit the ? on the arliberator app and check the superuser tab, this will check and see if your phone is rooted and working properly.

OK, so your root program worked. I guess that was my problem. Now I can get the app to work, but it takes quite a bit of fiddeling. I still have to pair it every time I power the car off, and I've found I have no audio (on App Audio Sources) UNLESS, I turn the bluetooth connection off, in that specific app. For example, Pandora had no audio, I went into Pandora's settings, turned off Bluetooth Audio, and now I have sound. Same with my music gallery. Is this normal?

Do you still have the appradio app installed? If so, just uninstall it. It has been known to cause conflicts with ARLiberator. Audio and video come through the hdmi port while bluetooth is for touch events and handsfree calling.

The pairing issue still continues, but the dev is working on it. Appradio needs to download your google contacts list every time it starts up, which is a royal pain. I think this will be resolved soon since this is the next priority item for the dev.

texbuck

The pairing every time is an issue and it seemed to start after the ICS upgrade. Hopefully it is just a matter of time for an upgrade to fix it so that once you pair, it does it automatically every time in the future. Having to wait for the pair request and then quickly touch the pair when it pops up before it disappears is a real PITA...

I do have appradio un-installed, along with car keyboard. I can't find the trick to getting it to work, it seems totally random. When it connects it does work great! I've tried opening AR first then connecting to Appradio, pairing bluetooth first then opening AR and finally connecting to Appradio. There doesn't seem to be a way that works everytime. I've browsed all the forums, but I can't find anybody with the same phone having my exact issue. Thanks for the advice on the root kit though.