AVIC411.com

Full AppRadio2 control via Android phone via ARLiberator App

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, wish we could have this for iPhone.

If you jailbreak your phone you can download an app from cydia called appradio extenstions and it does the same thing arliberator. There are also videos on youtube. Check it out.

I have the Galaxy S3 and purchaed ARliberator to have full function of my phone. I use spotify all of the time and Google Maps/Navigation so being able to control my phone from the appradio for these two apps was fully worth the $29. Plus the dev is very active over in the appradio forums and provides betas and support to everyone that has issues so i'm not complaining about the money. Other HU's that have built in navigation cost at least $200 more than what the appradio 2 costs so I feel I techinically saved money. I also just downloaded an app called "screen standby root" from the play store and it dims the screen burightness down to zero when connected via mhl. I'll be testing that feature out later on today when I get in my car!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

So Idelgado782, if I understood everything, with ARliberator, you got Spotify directly on your appradio' device and you're able to control the skip, pause, play, stop directly on the touchscreen ? or I'm wrong.

If I'm rightn are you also able to change and choose in your different playlist ? or you're oblige to do it directly on your phone ?

Do you have the skin album on the screen' device ? or just button to control the volume or the music command. ?

Thanks for your answer and It would be great a little video on youtube ....

cheers ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Arliberator seems to have fixed the pair everytime issue with the razr max. Now I just have to popped my phone on the dock, hit the arliberator connect button and I have full touch screen control of my phone on the AppRadio 2. It only takes seconds now instead of minutes.

The best android app I ever purchased.

PERFECT!!!!!!

+1 on that kman! I'm not really sure if the dev took time to address the pairing issues we had with our razr maxx, but somewhere along the development path, all my problems went away. I just leave arliberator on standby so I don't even have to hit the connect button any more. I'm still looking for a spare ashtray for my truck so I can install my dock in that location, but for now, it's working great by my "A" pillar on my dash. Next project: hdmi android stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody knows if this also will work with the Avic-F940BT/Avic-X940BT, or similar HU's with firmware 4?

No, they do not have an Android Advanced app mode and HDMI connectivity. AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) is the only one it will work with currently until the new models announced at CES come out.

• 2 weeks later...