AVIC411.com

Full AppRadio2 control via Android phone via ARLiberator App

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Samsung Note 2 and this program works perfect with it. Best money I have spent on software EVER. Made the Appradio 2 what it should have been out of the box. I was able to use a MHL cable to connect the units (11-pin SIII series) without buying the $100 Pioneer kit (I can't believe what these companies charge for stuff sometimes). I love this radio now and with this APP I can't see having any other radio out there. It is now everything I have ever wanted in the dash of my car. I will have to say though, that the iPad mini's that are being adapted for the car are pretty cool too and you can take it with you to avoid theft. Google those and check it out. I will say though, that after you spend the money for an iPad and a bluetooth deck along with the other wiring stuff and modding required to install it, this is still a much better value. Anyway,you usually have your phone with you anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not sure what adapter cable you mean?

Are you talking about the Android kit that has the mini HDMI and M cord and the Mini USB cord? If so, no, you don't need to buy the android kit, you can buy cheap Mini HDMI and Mini USB cord off ebay for $20 and save some money. Worked perfect for me. Only difference is giving extra money to Pioneer for the cables.

Yea, that is a pretty cool cord to have both micro usb and micro hdmi. I'm not sure how that works, I guess the cord gets the power for the micro usb from the head unit.

Just make sure you get the right type of cord for your phone, mhl or hdmi and that it is the right kind of cord for a phone. The razr uses the micro hdmi  and has to be a Type D.... which is compatible with mobile phones. This is the cord I got on ebay for $5....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260973206269?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D260973206269%26_rdc%3D1

Ok, so i seem to have run into a snag.  I own the Pioneer AVH-8400BH, but I am wanting to switch to the APPRadio 2 to use with my Tmo Note 2.

Rooted, running Miui Rom, I purchased the Galaxy S3 11 pin MHL connector/adaptor ( model number : EPL-3FHUBEGSTD ) From Samsung themselves.

Connected to my T.V. at home it works fantastic!!!  Went to the audio place where I am looking at trading my 8400 for the AppRadio2, tried connecting, but it just sits there.  Doesn't connect.  Doesn't do anything.  I can connect to the radio via BT, and it will pop up Connecting on the ARL dash thing, but then go right back to disconnected.

Is there something I am doing wrong?  The USB port on my phone is fine, checked that, the phone is rooted ( that I can guarantee you ) and bought the ridiculously overpriced 34.99 ARLiberator app lol.  

Perhaps someone else had this issue and figured it out and wouldn't mind sharing the details with me?  puhleeeeeeassse?  pretty please? Cherry on top?  Megan fox in a birthday cake?  Channing Tatum in a birthday cake ( covering bases with male and female members ) anyone......throw me a rope!!!  blurb...blurb...i r drownin....blurb...halp!!!