AVIC411.com

Navigation not letting me input address

I just installed my AVIC X940BT unit on my truck and everything is working fine but when I try to click on the enter address button for navigation it doesn't have it highlighted. I can select a POI and it reads out the correct route and everything but it won't let me enter an address. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you set up the bypass, then you made a mistake somewhere. If you installed it (or had it installed) by the book, then you need to set your emergency brake before you can type a destination. You would not need to set the brake for choosing a saved address, a recent destination from your history, POI, etc.

Speaking only for myself, I think the bypass is of limited usefulness. It is VERY rare that I need to type anything in or change a configuration while I'm moving. While I doubt you'd regret doing it if you did it, I don't think it's worth a lot of effort (unless you have a very active co-pilot! :eek:).