AVIC411.com

advanced topic: hidden debug menus

applicable units:

z110-140, f10-40, f920-f940, x920-x940, x9310, x9220, u310, f310-320

applicable users:

for advanced users only. if you dont know what you are doing, hit the back button and pretend you never read this post! SERIOUSLY!

Here be dragons!!

I have cracked another delicious mystery on these units - the elusive debug "maintenance menus". These seem to be an in-application compliment to the known "testmode" which is lower-level hardware testing. This is higher level application test/log items.

Be warned, you are taking responsibility for own actions. Don't play around with settings that you dont know what they do!

Don't even bother posting asking for help if you screwed something up due to carelessness.

There are 4 levels of debugging or "maintenance menus": regular, CS (customer service?), Level 2, and Level 3

The keys to each level in increasing order of privilege: DDEEBUUGG, SERVICEDBG ON, DEVELOPDBG ON, & POSEIDONDBG ON

To enable maintenance mode:

1. go to navigation menu, favorites. edit existing or add new favorite. (search method does not matter - just need to get to the "name" field)

2. while in "edit favorite" view, click on name button. you should now see the keyboard to edit the favorite name

3. here you type in one of the level keys above, but then instead of hitting OK, press and hold the top center of the screen.

4. it should go back to map screen, and you have enabled debug mode. You will notice some debugging output overlayed on the map screen. Don't worry you can turn it off...

To enter the maintance menu: go to navigation menu, then press and hold top center of screen - voila - you are in.

To turn off the debugging text overlay on map screen, scroll down and toggle "debug information switch" to NONE

Also, in settings menu, service info, when you press and hold top left corner, more info is displayed on the detail screen (like bsp, cpld, mecha, ucom version, etc)

I started another thread about logging, but there is a Log Setting menu where all of this can be controlled. Easy peasy for setting log items. (in CS and up mode)

Also, in level 2 and up, there is access to launch windows explorer into the background, and then you can exit navi to desktop (test apl exit) - edit: this only seems applicable for u310/f310

x and z series have a "file manager" - but those cant be used to replace in-use files like navi.exe, etc

Edited by pionara
  • 2 weeks later...

you get "locked" into debug mode (which is just the ability to get into the debug menu) until you choose "all debug off" from debug menu, which removes the debug access (til you turn it on again).

That isnt a bad thing as debug mode itself doesnt reall seem to do anything differently - just ability to get into debug menus.

Interesting! However, the copy/paste seems to be finnicky. Had to try a few times before it fully copied Navi.exe over to an empty SD card.

After patching Navi.exe, I could not for the life of me use this mode to overwrite the copy in NAND :(

Edit : Got tired of messing with this and went back to my old standby of using a customized version of Condi's HackMode 2.x install script :)

• 7 years later...
11 hours ago, myhustle13 said:

I just hooked up my system but when I unplugged my radio is send me to password I don't know it and I'm not too smart on downloading programs is there any other way to bypass the password? The easiest way possible I need guidance

First, you didn't state your model. Second, this is an obsolete thread that hasn't been touched in 8 yrs. Assuming you have one of the covered AVIC models, I suggest you get someone who is "smart on downloading programs" and follow these simple instructions: Security Password Removal Script