AVIC411.com

64GB USB stick causes AVIC-F700BT to hang

What is the largest size usb stick I can use on this headunit? I reciently had my ipod stolen out of my car, so I decided to just buy a 64gb stick for $35 because it's a lot cheaper than replacing the ipod.

I copied about 50gb of music onto the stick but when I plug it in the head unit just hangs until I remove the stick. If I restart the head unit with the stick still attached it just displays the message: system startup in progress, please wait.

The light on the stick flashes the whole time so it seems like it is reading from the drive, but I've left it for at least 15min while driving and it didn't complete indexing the drive or whatever it was doing.

So I'm starting to think that there are too many files or directorys for the head unit to handle. there are about 8000 songs and 700 artists each with it's own directory. I suspect that if I leave it on long enough it will eventually load, but I haven't tried. If so, would it save the directory information or would it have to do the loading process each time?