AVIC411.com

Android & AppRadio

I'm confused over AppRadio on the Z140.

I've installed the latest upgrade to my Z130BT - ie, it's now a Z140BH. Does this mean I can run appradio on my Motorola Droid Razr? I can download the app on this phone, and connect over bluetooth - but appradio does not connect.

Do I need a wired connection like HDMI for Appradio?

Does Appradio work at all with Android devices on the Z140?

Thanks

I went through the same drill last month - didn't get anything working (although Pandora worked fine as an AV source). I went back through all the Pioneer specs and never found anything that said AppRadio worked with Android on the Z140. However, I do believe that they left it very vague intentionally to give the false impression that it did.

I would be glad to hear that I am wrong. Anybody get it working?

Did you set the connection mode to bluetooth for apps on the Z140? I don't remember what the exact setting is called, but I can look at it tomorrow if needed. It was a toggle between bluetooth and direct connection (the android phones have to use bluetooth and iphones use direct connection as I understand it).

• 2 weeks later...

Did you set the connection mode to bluetooth for apps on the Z140? I don't remember what the exact setting is called, but I can look at it tomorrow if needed. It was a toggle between bluetooth and direct connection (the android phones have to use bluetooth and iphones use direct connection as I understand it).

Setting connection mode to bluetooth does enable Pandora and Aha Radio - but it does not enable AppRadio. I can't find any way to run something like WAZE. The only options under android are Pandora and AhaRadio.