AVIC411.com

P8400 DVD to rear A/V outputs while radio playing

I'm really leaning toward the P8400 for my family's van. The other option is the DDX719. But I'm having a bit of a time figuring out what the 8400 can do simultaneously.

I'm getting a rear flipdown LCD, it has IR built in for headphones and it has A/V RCA inputs. So ideally, I'd like to be able to play DVDs and Videos from a USB stick on the rear LCD with sound from the IR while my wife and I are able to listen to other audio sources (AM/FM, Bluetooth streaming, MP3s from USB2) on the main speakers. A rear mounted DVD player might fit the bill, but I'd like to keep everything centralized.

Is this possible? If the answer is yes and no, what specifically can the unit do simultaneously?

Because if I have to listen to some fairy princess movie over and over during a long ride, I'll drive into oncoming traffic lose my mind.

Let's assume, for argument's sake, that the parking brake is set.

Thanks, guys.

Yes you are able to do this with the 8400. This is how I currently have my car set up. It has a separate output put for the rear dvd players. You can either listen over the car stereo to the rear ouput or you can have them use thier headphones while you listen to a separate source upfront. I would also suggest a sd card per loaded with all of your movies for the kids it makes switching between movies a breeze.