AVIC411.com

Sirius NO Audio but Visual But YES for Other Sources

I have an Avic F-700bt. I have a SCC1 connected to the CD-SB10 which then connects to the head unit (the Avic).

This has been the set-up for quite sometime until just recently the Sirius stopped producing audio. All other sources (iPod, CD, etc) produce audio). Visually all the sirius information is displayed (as if the unit was playing satellite radio).

I have contacted Sirius and I swapped out the SCC1 for a new one. I also swapped the cable that connects the SCC1 to the CD-SB10 Module. Still no audio. However, after I swapped the SCC1 for a new one I noticed the following things, in addition to no audio still:

1) I can no longer change the station. It is stuck on Station 100. Yes, Howard.

2) While the Sirius rep was on the phone activating the new SCC1 I heard all sorts of static and stuff. Noises that I was unable to turn down (or Up) using the volume control on the Avic. I could not tell what the audio was -- it was basically just crackling.

So, in sum, still no audio and I now I can't change the station. Btw. I tried reseting the unit and that did not do anything either.

How else can I trouble shoot this to isolate where the problem is?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SInce you have been changing hardware, are you sure the IP Bus cable is in the correct connector? When I was installing my HD radio adapter I noticed if it was in the wrong port, it would still show up and be able to display radio info, but no sound.

Thanks man, I had swapped them around on my HD radio adapter too, you got me up and going again quickly.