AVIC411.com

Hi everyone. I have the Pinoneer X930BT radio and recently updated to the latest firmware v4.000 and have recently been having some noise coming from the unit (not the speakers). The noise is like the motor inside is trying to eject a disc or something (yet there is no disc in the radio). Even during the firmware update I heard this noise now and again and figured it might possibly be the tiny hard drive inside of it (if it has one). But it is now doing it all the time when I'm just driving and listening to music (no card or disc is inserted). It's very annoying and I don't want it to burn up. I don't feel this is an electrical issue either as I solder all my wires and used heatshrink to make sure nothing would make contact, etc.

I'm not sure if it's a setting in the radio somewhere that it's trying to do something - perhaps that got reset due to the firmware update? I know I had to reset the time - but not sure what else it's doing or scanning for.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindest Regards,

DataCrypt