AVIC411.com

I thought I would never be able to use X920BT in Europe but after I read almost all posts concerning AVIC and its navigation software I managed to update it from US/CAN maps with this EU maps but using verinfo.dat and cardinfo.cif from US/CAN update posted also by Pionara. Thx everyone. Till now the only thing I didn't get is vocal guidance (but I had no more time to dig inside) and I don't know whether appradio works with iPhone because I didn't get anything until now although it says connected

attachicon.gifX920BT 2.000.jpg - before

attachicon.gifX920BT4.000.jpg. - after

Hi, dear digeimomo and pionara. I have same problem. I bought my avic-x920bt from USA, but I want to use it in Turkey. So, before not to do a mistake I want to learn right way.

1. I downloaded "firmware" from this page "CNSD-310FM EU 2012" and verinfo.dat, cardinfo.cif from the page of"CNSD-310FM US/CAN 2012"

2. I opened the cardinfo.cif in text editor and replaced "KMQ1S8PF5CUQE7LKUX" with "X07EURX27EURX30EUR"

Am I right? 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, dear digeimomo and pionara. I have same problem. I bought my avic-x920bt from USA, but I want to use it in Turkey. So, before not to do a mistake I want to learn right way.

1. I downloaded "firmware" from this page "CNSD-310FM EU 2012" and verinfo.dat, cardinfo.cif from the page of"CNSD-310FM US/CAN 2012"

2. I opened the cardinfo.cif in text editor and replaced "KMQ1S8PF5CUQE7LKUX" with "X07EURX27EURX30EUR"

Am I right? 

Again, it's totally unsupported and you may find some things not working  like you would expect (like FM tunings, voices, etc), but I believe you may be able to get nav/maps working.

You will need to use everything from EU update, except take cardinfo.cif from US update, but make sure you use the changes for X920BT as I had in my US instructions. 

I too updated to 4.0 on my UK F920BT. No problems at all, used an 8Gb Sandisk Class 4 SDHC card. Installation took about 25-30mins then the BT update took about 5 mins. Seems a little slower than my old 2.0 software, especially when changing ipod artists/tracks but at least my maps are up to date :D

Uttlesford-20130312-00085_zpsd6e5da5c.jp

Didn't loose any of my settings either other than BT. All my history, favourites, splash screen, equaliser settings, all intact :D

Cheers

Andy

Been reading this post , and i see nowhere F940BT or F840BT , does it also work with those ? 

I personaly have a F840BT which "should" be similar to F940BT.

Would be glad if someone could tell me if it works or not !

Thanks very much in advance....

Your unit is already running this software. It is same as f940bt and already has 2012 update.

If you dont have it, pioneer site has 4.01 update for 40-series

Again, it's totally unsupported and you may find some things not working  like you would expect (like FM tunings, voices, etc), but I believe you may be able to get nav/maps working.

You will need to use everything from EU update, except take cardinfo.cif from US update, but make sure you use the changes for X920BT as I had in my US instructions. 

Thank you very much dear pionara.

Thank you very much dear pionara. I downloaded update files from EU update page and VERINFO.DAT file from US/CAN update page. My American version Avic-X920BT is updated correctly. Everythings working perfect but navigation voice. It is not a big problem, bcos i know how to deal with it. I think you had better open a new page for people who bought his/her unit from different continent. :)  Thanks guys..

ciao.siccome solo italiano e possiedo un avic f930bt.

volevo sapere se ce anche la lingua e le mappe italiane.grazie scusate la lingua cerco di tradurre mi aiuto con il traduttore.

hello. since only in Italian and I have a AVIC F930BT.
I wanted to know if there the language and maps italiane.grazie excuse the language try to translate help me with the translator.