AVIC411.com

Bringing my AVIC-x910BT current

Hey folks. I've read and searched the forum, but I still have some questions.

I have an AVIC-x910BT. I'd like to do two things:

Update the firmware. This seems straight forward. looking for advice as to what the best version of firmware is to use. Sometimes the newest is not the greatest.

Update the maps for US/Canada/Mexico. I'm not sure if the map update is continent wide or just country wide. I live close to the Canadian border and travel across from time to time. This does not seem straight forward. I keep finding links to places to buy the maps, but, they show up dead or no longer active on the Pioneer website. A current link to somewhere I can buy current maps would be really appreciated. I'm not looking for stolen/torrent maps. I'm happy to pay for new maps. I just can't get a straight answer on the Pioneer website as to what map update I need to buy for my x910BT.

TIA!

Kelly

what you need/want is CNSD-300FM/UC (2011 update), however good luck finding this, if it even exists. It should have been the last update for this series, but I cannot find it anywhere.

x910bt is the last of F900bt series, and uses same software series as F90/F900.

solution: read hybrid-4.001 thread in F hacks/mods.

There was a complete version of hybrid-4.001 that included maps/pois that enkryp3d posted, but I dont know where that is at.

You should just read the entire thread over.

If you use hybrid-4.001 then you can drop in any igo8 compatible maps/pois that you want. The maps that are available are for us and can.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for the same thing as tekbench!  I have maps/poi information that should be good for 2012, I'm just looking for the 4.001 versions from the CNSD-300FM update.  The Hybrid-4.001 thread seems to be gone at this point, and only visible from Google Cache.  Anybody?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey pokesju, not sure if you are still looking, but here is the thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36245-hybrid-40-avic-f900bt/

and the files can be located in either of the following torrents located on thepiratebay.se

"Pioneer AVIC F900BT F700BT 4.001 hybrid firmware"

or for a complete package from this thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22599-solved-the-formatmbr-sdmlc-and-mapdbinfo-error-0x0000-also-the-major-fix/

"Avic F update anc fix files"

I haven't included links to the files, but those are the titles of the torrents.

I'm hoping to fix a rebooting loop issue and update to new maps/hybrid firmware today.

Good luck in your endeavor.