AVIC411.com

Has anyone gotton their hands on a AVIC-Z2 yet?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

We just received our shipment today of Z1s. Too bad that we took preorders on them and all that we got in stock is already sold. So everyone else should have theirs in today or in the next couple of days. Hopefully we can figure out a bypass for it. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I figure it out.

We just received our shipment today of Z1s. Too bad that we took preorders on them and all that we got in stock is already sold. So everyone else should have theirs in today or in the next couple of days. Hopefully we can figure out a bypass for it. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I figure it out.

what?

Are you saying you need a bypass for the z1? or z2? if z2 are you then saying stores should be getting them in the next couple days? Im lost with that post sorry.

Sorry, I meant Z2. We are installing it tomorrow into a customers car and I'm am going to try and see if I can figure out how to bypass it. And what I meant is that the store that I work for has just received the AVIC-Z2 this morning. So that means that most of the stores that you frequent should have theirs in today or in the next couple of days. I don't think that Pioneer gives us special treatment over any other store so I would suspect that everyone has theirs in now.

I would be very surprised if it's different than the newer Z1's.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5288

Check my post at the bottom of that thread. I would measure the voltage on the pins inside the open holes in connector 2. If they are all 0V except for the one that the Z1 needs grounded, that one should be 12V then I would say ground it, that should work.

Of course you won't know till the customer puts 100 miles on the vehicle with the Z2 installed. It will be bypassed while parked and for the first few miles till the internal gyros calibrate.... that is if it's anything like the Z1, which it seems like it is.

u think if ground all empty pins at same time unit will work?

If you measure the voltage on each pin, and they are not 0V then maybe. If they are already at 0V then they are "grounded" inside the Z2 and doing so outside of the Z2 would (should) have no electrical significance.

Guys i wish i had a solution. i have literally tried eveything. I have tried every trick pioneer has ever used . And nothing. Its resistance im telling you. i just have to figure out the right one. Pioneer is having national training for their techs in april. I have an inside man there. So if we do not figure it out by April. Ill keep tring.