AVIC411.com

Going from a D3 to an X930BT

I currently have a D3 in my Toyota Tacoma. I like it, but in my line of work (auto salvage) we come across good units every once in a while, and today an X930BT showed up and I called dibs :D Going to try to gain access to it tomorrow and reset the password (thanks to this awesome forum!) and will more than likely be taking it home if not this week, than next week to install into the truck.

My question is, can anyone confirm or say otherwise that the plugs for the D3 are identical as they are on the X930BT without me ripping into the dash just to find out? I use audio and video in's and out's with a reverse camera, headrest monitors, and a sub output, so those are all critical.

Also, I have the D3 bypassed with the wire moved method; does that carry over and work the same on the X930BT?

Basically I'm just wondering if it's going to be a clean swap without having to cut the D3 harness off the adapter for the truck and wire it to the harness to the X930BT..

It will be nice to have a unit with built in bluetooth though... using the external ad-on module with my D3, and it's had random connection issues from the day I installed it... plus, the X930BT's interface just looks amazing :D

Thanks!

IMAG1361.jpg

the av harness will probably be different

the power harness be same connector, but there might be a few different pinouts for non-standard pins like parking break, etc.

You can check the service manual for both of them, and there is a connection diagram that shows the full pinouts of each connectors.

search elektrotanya.com

• 3 months later...