AVIC411.com

Hi I am a complete newbie, I have just bought an Isuzu truck with a avic f840bt installed by the dealer. It has a rear camera and I want to be able to set the screen so I can see what I am towing whilst traveling. The car dealers have told me the function is disabled as it is illegal to have a live image on the screen in the uk.

So 2 questions really

1 I know I need to do a mod to activate it, can I get away with just a software mod or is the hardware mod necessary as well

2 has anyone done a mod on this model?

Any advice or hints welcomed

Thanks in advance

Cheers hball but that doesn't answer either of my questions, I am pretty sure I will need a software mod also because even when I have the handbrake on the rear cam does not appear on screen unless I am in reverse. I can watch videos from my iPod as long as the handbrake is on so I know that switch works.

Unless I am missing something of course??

Thanks Pionara, Having read that i am going to have to trace where they have powered the camera from as it sounds like the have wired it to the reversing light, in which case i guess i need to find a ignition switched 12v supply at the back of the truck to use instead.