AVIC411.com

Trying to Update AVIC-Z130BT to Z140... Need help plzz...

Hello,

I am new here. I just downloaded the 2012 Maps update torrent and I am having issues matching up with your instructions on the site.

I'm trying to follow this thread...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

but the only things I come up with that were downloaded are...

"2012 Upgrade.rar"

"CARDINFO.cif"

"readme.txt"

And a blue folder called "RenewallFLib-AUTO-R..CER v1.1"

Inside that folder is

"readme.txt"

"revewallflib.dll"

"scriptexec.ini"

"TESTMODE.KEY"

I am missing the "Firmware" folder.

Please help me, I am new here and I would like to complete this update.

Thanks.

So, since I have had no replies so far... I tried on my own.

I put CARDINFO.cif on the root of the SD, I made a Firmware folder and an Update folder.

In the firmware folder is... 2012 Upgrade.rar

In the Update folder is... VERINFO.DAT

Inserted it in the head unit and received the picture below...

post-72706-0-52306500-1355381803_thumb.jpg

I was excited because I thought I figured it out... But instead after the reboot I ran into this message...

(sorry for flipped picture)

post-72706-0-73846100-1355381816_thumb.jpg

I managed to get it into test mode and get it back to normal, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please someone help me I would really appreciate it.

I just want to get this updated.

Thanks....

You need to extract the files in the RAR file (it is a compressed archive). I use WinRAR. The person who published the RAR compressed the SD image into a RAR archive for simplicity - so you only need to download one big file instead of hundreds. All the folders you need will be in the extraction sub-directory.

Then follow post #1 http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

You need to extract the files in the RAR file (it is a compressed archive). I use WinRAR. The person who published the RAR compressed the SD image into a RAR archive for simplicity - so you only need to download one big file instead of hundreds. All the folders you need will be in the extraction sub-directory.

Then follow post #1 http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

Okay, so besides the rar file problem I have everything else in the correct folders am I right?

Okay, what I meant was...

Am I right to put CARDINFO.cif on the root along with a created folder for Update and Firmware?

Inside the update folder was VERINFO.dat.

Is all of that right and I just need to extract the files from the rar file into the Firmware folder?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Take a look at post 301 in this thread -> http://avic411.com/i...a/page__st__300

The extracted files will actually be a level or two deep in the folder you extracted to. Find the directory with both Update and Firmware folders in the extract. Use them - don't make new ones. There are many files/folders in \Update - basically it is the entire AVIC system. The root of the SD should have Update and Firmware folders - and Cardinfo.cif. The modified VERINFO.dat goes in \Update.

Since I've never actually done it this way, I can't help much more.