AVIC411.com

What did I screw up?

I just finished installing this in my Subaru. The radio works - I am able to tune different fm stations & figured out how to set the presets ok. The gps works - at least it displays our location when moving. Not much else works. . .

In the Nav mode most of the touchscreen 'button's are not lit. Ditto with the settings screen. I can select poi's that are programmed in but I can't, for example, program in an address to go to. The traffic function seemed to work last night (my son gave me a hand installing it at his house & I drove home).

It would not pair up with my Iphone either, though when plugged into the phone it was playing music from my playlist. That doesn't work now but it could be from me 'punching in' random touchscreen buttons trying to get something to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Ron,

I did do the bypass & followed the video. As I recall David from 96svx.dc mentioned to me that only the added wire in the connector need be grounded. . . I also installed the Axxess ASWC for the steering wheel buttons (they don't work either).

I could pop out the radio & cut that wire. I have been doing my testing in he driveway with the brake on anyway. . .

When I pull the radio out I will disconnect the Axxess 1st to see if that does anything. If not, I'll cut the defeat wire.

From memory (3 yrs ago - so I could be wrong)- 3 wires need to be grounded. The normal ground wire (black), the PB wire (light green) and the moved mute wire (yellow/black). Often they are just connected together as a single ground. Do it the way it shows in the video.

Didn't you need Mute for your ASWC?

Cutting the PB wire won't help. You either need the bypass working OR you need to connect to the PB switch.

From memory (3 yrs ago - so I could be wrong)- 3 wires need to be grounded. The normal ground wire (black), the PB wire (light green) and the moved mute wire (yellow/black). Often they are just connected together as a single ground. Do it the way it shows in the video.

Didn't you need Mute for your ASWC?

Cutting the PB wire won't help. You either need the bypass working OR you need to connect to the PB switch.

ok - btw I added an extra wire to the connector rather than move the 'mute' wire. That wire is grounded but I left the light green wire unconnected. Will try grounding that.