AVIC411.com

Hi everyone,

The more I've read here the more confused I've gotten. I have an X710BT and the only thing I want to do is use the software bypass to get rid of the parking brake restriction. In other words, I want to be able and want passengers to be able to type an address or change the light color while driving. I guess the restriction's there for "safety," but you can scroll through music and audio settings to your heart's content yet can't even turn the screen completely off if you're driving.

At any rate, I have the 3.020100 firmware. I have an 8gb SD card the system recognizes.

I want the parking brake bypass. I do not need anything else.

However, as I said, the more I read the more confused I get. Posts link to each other and I'm going around in circles trying to find what I want. Apparently the X710BT uses the F series software, so I go there. I found the 2.0 testmode stuff, but that didn't work - nothing whatsoever happened when I put the SD card with testmode into my system. I then find out I need testmode 3.0. I can't find it; links are broken. What I do find are basically just instructions to upgrade from 2 to 3, and more recent posts there are talking about 4 now. I don't need that. Then I come across another post saying the X710 actually uses the X900 software. Some posts say you put the SD card with testmode in and it automatically copies data.zip to it, while others have a whole list of steps you need. Other posts have more than 50 pages starting from 4 years ago.

Is there anyone who has the testmode file for firmware 3.020100 on an X710BT? Does anyone have clear instructions on how to do what I'm asking? I have some computer programming experience so I'm not a *complete* noob; I just need a valid link to a valid file and instructions that pertain to my unit.

If anyone is able to help and it succeeds, I will be sure to write my own post with detailed instructions so confused posts like mine won't keep popping up.

Thanks!