AVIC411.com

can i use something like this to convert the ipod input to an a2dp bluetooth?

http://dx.com/p/i-wave-bluetooth-music-receiver-for-iphone-ipad-white-161006

Or can i use this to make a 3.5mm input for a regular device?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Peripheral+Electronics+-+Auxiliary+RCA+Input+for+Pioneer+P-Bus+Radios/7710943.p?id=1138086437269&skuId=7710943

please let me know if anyone has tried this as i want to order one of these 2 things

Doh!! My bad. Must have been too much eggnog....... But seriously, the both adapters should signal the appradio that something is hooked up to the ipod input to trigger the icon to light up. Since americonium had his adapter hooked to a Pioneer unit, it might be the better choice.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried a similar device that I used to turn an iPod dock into a Bluetooth dock. Texbuck stated it properly already. You need to signal the unit that there is an iPod/iPhone connected or it is greyed out on the screen. I was able to fool it into working by connecting an iPod and then connecting the Bluetooth adapter. The unit seems to stay on the last input it was assigned. If you go to radio, it will forget and you will need to trick it again. I guess you can double press the home button on the radio and use the mix function. For me, I found it not to be a good solution. They could have easily put in an AUX function with these units. I love the idea of these radios but due to corporate liability they are very limited. I can't blame them though because there is someone out there that would watch a video or play a game while driving and then sue Pioneer when they hurt someone. Pioneer didn't make them do that but they sold the item that made it possible even though common sense says not to do that....sounds like something else everyone is talking about lately....but I digress as this is not a political forum.

Sorry if this is a noob question:

The USB port is used to update the firmware on the unit, why is it not possible to use the same port as a AUX or USB input for music/video?

This seems software related rather than a hardware limitation.

Is this the solution? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audi-Music-Interface-Cable-TTMA15/dp/B009ZC7VQU/ref=pd_sim_ce_4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4F0051510F-Adapter-Connect-Iphone-Touareg/dp/B007VWEEQQ/ref=pd_sim_ce_4

It would be a software/firmware limitation. Someone would have to hack the software on the unit to make it happen. I think the CPU would handle the decoding but I don't know the specs off hand. I can manipulate hardware but the software is the limit here. It's not like the old days of discrete logic lines, everything is done via serial communications. Back in the day the controller was designed for simple functions (display, tuner control and volume controls and input routing to the IC amp) and had discrete hi/lo lines that would change the input (like when a cassette was inserted). The ipod/usb connector does have a sense pin but it is labeled as NC so I don't know if it will do anything. Pioneer could have put that in this radio easily but chose not to as I guess they figured you would connect a phone that already has this functionality.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried Female dock connector to Aux?

From my understading... when you play an audio through the ipod/iphone, usb is used  for the communication between the Appradio2 and the phone and other wire is to transfere the audio signal . So it might be possible to have the aux through FemaleDockConnector2AUX converter...

Are you using an appradio 1 or 2? The 1 only support iPhone 4 and up. The appradio 2 has full iPod support pre lightning. This is important because your Bluetooth dongle will register as a regular iPod. On the 2 you should be fine. On the 1 I tried it once with a similar adaptor and it worked intermittently. I lost that connector and I upgraded my radio to support the 5, so I haven't tested it to confirm my theory.

well if this is the case and the DockConnector2Aux works, there is no difference between any device that has AUX. The only question that remains would be that... how to trick AppRadio into thinking that ipod is connected. I Have appradio 2 but had appradio1 a while ago and the concept is the same as it has two input to the radio from the ipod/iphone.

dannyz3343, the reason the adapter worked intermittently was that when you connect the ipod to appradio, appradio will switch to ipod mode and then when you connect the adapter it just receive the audio from the cable. Now my question is what kind of adapter you used?