AVIC411.com

So are you saying that you have tried this and it did work? That may work if the iPod soft button on the touch screen will allow you to use it. Otherwise there is no selection on the touch screen to tell the unit to allow such an input. i may experiment with such an option to see for myself and report back.

Yes, but something i forgot to mentions is that you need to have the ipod connected to it. You need a regular USB-30pin connector like the white one that comes with the ipod and you need to connect that to the USB portion of the cable. That way the AR thinks that the ipod is connected and tries to get the signal through the cable.  Then you can plug a 30pin-aux to get an AUX input to the AR2. I can provide a picture of what I did.

i think this works because the way appraido works is that it verifies the ipod though USB line and thats where the icon on the screen becomes available and then get the input audio and video from the the ports on the 30-pin. they are analog so there is no need to convert them to digital(HDMI) so it will work if you just want to play your music by just having the setup and use the aux to connect it to the 3.5mm aux on the ipod/iphone. with this method you can even change the songs of your connected ipods as well with the album cover and infos of the song.

Try it and Let me know how it works for you

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a female dock to A2DP adapter from Amazon and can confirm that it works! (Link below) The only thing is that you have to connect the iPod before the adapter as stated before which is VERY annoying because sometimes I leave it plugged in hoping that once I start the car up again it will start in iPod mode again, but it doesn't. That being said, I have to unplug the A2DP adapter, plug in the iPod, unplug it, and then plug the adapter back in. Would there be any way to put resistors or a short circuit in the usb portion of the cable to make it think that the iPod is always plugged in? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Link to the adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Patuoxun%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Sounddock/dp/B0094G44PS/ref=pd_sim_cps_5

• 3 months later...

Any luck with this? I upgraded to an Iphone 5s and I'm looking for an aux input option. I thought that I was going to be able to just leave an Ipod classic connected and use the Iphone if necessary, but it turns out I should change the connection option in settings  :? . Also, I can't even allow both of them to charge because I need to plug the lightning cable for the Iphone.

Thanks in advance! 

:mrgreen:

I wonder if this could work

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=310563388289

Add a female to female RCA adapter then red/white to female aux.

Hook the hdmi end to an auto switch/remote switch hdmi splitter. One hdmi for phone the other for aux to the back of the deck.

Not sure if it would detect the audio signal only without video through the hdmi port. Needs testing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I am stuck with an AppRadio 1.5 (SGH-100 I think). I recently swapped out my iPhone 4 for a Galaxy 4 and am totally bummed that I can't listen to my music anymore. I even tried my old school iPod nano, but it didn't even register - I got an error saying "unsupported something-or-other". I could deal with a 3.5 aux setup (like my stock stereo has) but I don't want to invest in parts I can't use - does anyone have a verified system for doing this (jack or bluetooth)? I'd appreciate a list of the hardware you used too. Thanks! :mrgreen:

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a female dock to A2DP adapter from Amazon and can confirm that it works! (Link below) The only thing is that you have to connect the iPod before the adapter as stated before which is VERY annoying because sometimes I leave it plugged in hoping that once I start the car up again it will start in iPod mode again, but it doesn't. That being said, I have to unplug the A2DP adapter, plug in the iPod, unplug it, and then plug the adapter back in. Would there be any way to put resistors or a short circuit in the usb portion of the cable to make it think that the iPod is always plugged in? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Link to the adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Patuoxun%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Sounddock/dp/B0094G44PS/ref=pd_sim_cps_5

Please, what was the device used? SPH-DA01? SPH-DA02?

I am stuck on a SPH-DA01 and now I have an iphone 5, I just, only, want to listen to music. =/

I have an iphone 4 too, but I don't want to pay for two data plans (on both smartphones). And spotify did't work well there (i am running iOS 4.3.3, the fastest for music library).

Thanks