AVIC411.com

Simple question Z120bt 2012 software and Android

Hey Guys, I never tried using an android phone with the Pioneer Z series since Android compatibility was introduced. I check pioneers website but coming from the iphone, latest being iphone 5, could someone just answer real quick the following?

1. What cable do I need to hook up to the Pioneer? Is it quite simply USB to mini USB or is it something similiar to the cable used for the iphone with a different connector on the end?

2. Are you able to control Pandora and the on board music player app the same as with iphone?

3. How does it support video? and advanced app mode?

3. The phone im getting is the Samsung Galaxy note 2 with android 4.1.x

Thanks I appreciate the input, it seems there are few questions asked regarding Android and the pioneer units, so im not sure if that's because it just works with a normal usb cable and the apps like Pandora etc just work, or if the feature isn't all that popular / needed so no one asks about it.

Thanks,

Hey Guys, I never tried using an android phone with the Pioneer Z series since Android compatibility was introduced. I check pioneers website but coming from the iphone, latest being iphone 5, could someone just answer real quick the following?

1. What cable do I need to hook up to the Pioneer? Is it quite simply USB to mini USB or is it something similiar to the cable used for the iphone with a different connector on the end?

2. Are you able to control Pandora and the on board music player app the same as with iphone?

3. How does it support video? and advanced app mode?

3. The phone im getting is the Samsung Galaxy note 2 with android 4.1.x

Thanks I appreciate the input, it seems there are few questions asked regarding Android and the pioneer units, so im not sure if that's because it just works with a normal usb cable and the apps like Pandora etc just work, or if the feature isn't all that popular / needed so no one asks about it.

Thanks,

1. no cable is used. There is no wired interface for Android - just BT

2. yes

3 no, no

Thank you, I read in a owners manual for the z140bh simply go to AV settings and under appmode control select bluetooth. I was getting things confused with app radio 2, which I guess has some sort of HDMI Android control. As long as I can get Pandora control with album art I think im happy. I gave most features up with the iphone 5 anyway ha.

Thanks,