AVIC411.com

AVIC Z120 upgraded to Z140 no GPS

I have a Z120 that I upgraded to Z130 software. I then upgraded to Z140 - when I first upgraded it didn't recognize my location and my speed, direction, turning was just way off. Now, it doesn't even recognize the GPS being plugged in / no signal. Any ideas?

Shitty first post, thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Bump? Still no GPS -

I'll note that I upgraded from Z130 (legit Pioneer Software) to Z140 (Ebay Software) when I lost GPS functionality.

Is there anyway to use my old Pioneer SD card to downgrade my software?? When I put the old SD card in for Z130 nothing happens.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, my post was to try to solve your GPS issue, not to reload an old version. SO a cold reset didn't fix your GPS problem?   If not, you might want to try to force a re-initialization of the head-umit. I've done it a few times. Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly how. I went into TestMode and deleted \USER\SETUP (after making a backup).  Then rebooted and the HU rebuilt the setup - just like the first time I powered-up the new unit.

I suspect there is some way of forcing it to load from SD, but I don't know how. I am suspicious of that Ebay software. Did it come with a unique serial number and require a registration key? If not it is bootleg with some kind of hack. It takes a lot of nerve to sell stolen software on Ebay. Definitely against Ebay policy. Maybe you should contact them to get your money back. And if it is legit, you should be able to contact Pioneer for help.

• 1 year later...

So my z120bt was having da same prob i emailed pioneer and they neva responded soooo i took my radio out popped my gps ant. out of its green holder and wiggled it and i started to get an signal soooo i took a file and filed da end down seems dat da lil prong in da middle on da unit has pushed down sum once i did dat it went to workin just fine not sure if this will help anyone else but it sure helped me .....................just wanted to share my findings wit sumone since this site help me upgrade my unit