AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-8400BT and Iphone 5/ IOS 6 Need Help Please !!

Just a thread regarding the Pioneer AVH-8400BT and iphone 5/ IOS 6 Compatibility ive read many reviews and problems but they are all different some say it all works some say stuff does not work, with the 30 pin to lighning connector does sort some of the issues but not all.

anyone got any advice or answers that could help me fix some of the faces issues or even guide me on when pioneer will have this fixed ?!

any help and information guidance will be helpfull ! thank you

pioneer will not fix anything with this unit. if no one else can find a fix, then you are better off waiting for another unit to come out. pioneer has pretty much released this unit with all its issues and left it as is, regardless who its affected.

as for those who have bought the new iphone, well, the connector is different. theres nothing that can be done really except try the adapter and see if it helps.

• 1 month later...

I am kind of hoping this helps..... http://www.pioneerel...Cables/CD-IH202 from here http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/pioneer-announces-iphone-5-connectivity-kits/

I just passed on my 16 gig 5 to my girlfriend and purchased a 64 gig iPhone 5 and I then bought the 8400 BT. If the 5 won't work I am up the Smelly Creek without a paddle!

• 4 weeks later...

pioneer will not fix anything with this unit. if no one else can find a fix, then you are better off waiting for another unit to come out. pioneer has pretty much released this unit with all its issues and left it as is, regardless who its affected.

as for those who have bought the new iphone, well, the connector is different. theres nothing that can be done really except try the adapter and see if it helps.

Listen kid we get it you are a pioneer hater. Bottom line this unit shits all over any other unit out there from Alpine to Kenwood to JVC. I have no issues with this unit at all, NONE. I love this unit, it is simply amazing. Sucks for you you got a lemon and now you are sore about it. Listen, why dont you just f off out of here if you are so anti pioneer. You loser.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have been fighting abit with this aswell, but now i got it all working.

I got a iphone 4.s with os 6.1  for that i got the CD-IU201s cable (as the manual page 18 says) its very impotnat to use this cable and use it in port 1 (never had a iphone before i got this 8400 so I only use it for apps and music)

I also got a HTC x something this I charge from port 2 with the normal mini usb and use the bluetooth on this phone aswell.

(for iphone 5 you need to firmware upgrade.)