AVIC411.com

D3 xm sound issues after new car battery

I have an Avic-D3 with a GEX-P920XM unit installed in a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT came with bose but without onstar. the factory bose amp and sub are gone as well as all the speakers. 2 days ago I replaced the battery in my truck, and since then I have had a problem with the sound from the xm and the aux input on the front (which i plug into the headphone jack on my iphone). Normal AM/FM/CDs all sound fine, but when I switch to xm or av2 the only sound I get is all bass from the subs, if i turn sub off it get no sound at all. I have reset the GEX-P920XM unit via the pinhole reset button, checked the connections cycled the power etc. I get the xm channel information, and can tell there is music playing, but the normal speakers do not get any sound. also in the menu under xm status, it says it is not connected and does not display the radio id.

additionally tonight I pulled it out of the dash to check all of my connections. I figured I would disconnect everything to ensure a reset. When I had everything connected and was putting it back in I couldn't get power, after searching I could not find anything loose or disconnected, suddenly it started working again, I thought it had to do with a connection to the door chime module thing so I ensured all those connections were good and taped them back up. the sound for xm and av2 were still messed up but everything else was back to normal. then when I was getting out of the truck I noticed when I turned my truck off and opened the door that the radio did not turn off.

the end result was me disconnecting the ACC wire and calling it a night. I suspect that the door chime module is going out. but I don't think that would cause issues with the sound from xm and av2.

additional info, I have a toggle to bridge the ill wire and the ACC wire to work as a day/night switch. and I also have the bypass for the e-brake so that a dvd will work without the ebrake on.