AVIC411.com

Pioneer Announces new X950BH and X850BT

Looks like the X950BH offers an HDMI port on the back so that you can use an adapter and have full Advanced App Control for Android now. Also, the X950BH has built in HD Radio and built in Traffic.

The X850BT looks to basically be the X940BT with some cosmetic differences and built in traffic tuner.

Meh.

Not really impressed here. I use Android, but don't find myself wanting to use Advanced App mode as I don't see anything of use on it. I prefer just connecting via bluetooth personally. I must say, the built in traffic tuner might have been nice.

I wonder if there are any signifigant software upgrades. I wouldn't mind them adding Rdio, Slacker, etc. as an option outside of the Advanced App mode though. I have a feeling those will only be available by using AAM. I wonder if any HDMI to RCA adapters would work on older models to connect the MHL cable or using a USB 2.0 to HDMI converter then running the Pioneer Android connector to it.

Link to Pioneer's Site: http://www.pioneerel...igation.Compare

do you guys this this may be a worthy upgrade to the x950bh for us users of the x9*0BT and the iphone 5?

it appears that the capabilities of the iphone 5 on the older units will be limited at best with the new adapters coming out. doesnt look like app mode will be working based on

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/2013+Pioneer+and+Apple+Compatibility

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While reading the manual for the x950bh, I notice that it says App Radio Mode for Android works via Bluetooth. (That is if I'm reading it correctly).

I assumed it would be via MHL or HDMI.  It would be amazing if they updated the X940bt to be able to use App Radio Mode for Android as well. I'd be pretty happy. I had little hope of it before, but if it works via Bluetooth, that would be pretty awesome. (Although, I'm thinking it would have to be limited functionality via BT). Hmmmm.

Edit: Although, on looking at the installation manual, it clearly shows you need MHL to HDMI or HDMI to HDMI. Errr. :-(

Trying to choose between the X850BT and the X950BH.

I'm an Android user (or will be, currently on Blackberry). Is the app radio mode worth the additional $100 for the X950BH (plus the cost of the cable)?

Does Aha Radio work via Bluetooth for the android on the X850BT?