AVIC411.com

Z130BT and iOS6 upgrade issues

I have a Z120 that I have updated to a Z130 and an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1 which has worked pretty well for the most part. I am looking to update to iOS6, but am leery because I remember reading about all of the issues that people were having (and may still continue to have with the update) which has kept me from updating. Is there a thread or a sticky tailored to the Z130-140 (or just the Z series) that I can use as a reference to see what issues are out there that have been resolved and not resolved? I apologize if there is and I have missed it, I tried searching using several different keywords but I kept getting AppRadio results.

If there isn't a running thread on this someone could link me to, here are the issues I am concerned with:

YouTube - I know the app will be gone in iOS6. Is there a way to stream Youtube videos with iOS6 on this unit? I know Google released a map app when Apple tried to force everyone to use theirs, did they do the same for Youtube?

Netflix - I currently use AppMode to view Netflix from the Netflix app, will that change or will compatability be affected?

Pandora - Any issues with album artwork, song titles, etc. using this app on iOS6 and the headunit? I remember for a good bit that Pandora broke with a firmware release to where the source selection was messed up with Pandora and other stored music on the iPhone when swapping sources.

Music and Video playback - Everything okay in this department?

Thanks any info you guys can give me!

• 3 weeks later...

Iphone 4s should work fine with ios 6.x and "advanced appmode" on 2012 software. My iphone 4 worked just fine - so you might want to look into upgrading to latest 2012 map/software (aka z140 software), as this has some newer features and compatibility fixes.

The big problem is iphone 5 due to different connector. Just wont work for advanced appmode because it requires analog video to work. Only audio-only functions like pandora/aha and ipod work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Z120 that I have updated to a Z130 and an iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1 which has worked pretty well for the most part. I am looking to update to iOS6, but am leery because I remember reading about all of the issues that people were having (and may still continue to have with the update) which has kept me from updating. Is there a thread or a sticky tailored to the Z130-140 (or just the Z series) that I can use as a reference to see what issues are out there that have been resolved and not resolved? I apologize if there is and I have missed it, I tried searching using several different keywords but I kept getting AppRadio results.

If there isn't a running thread on this someone could link me to, here are the issues I am concerned with:

YouTube - I know the app will be gone in iOS6. Is there a way to stream Youtube videos with iOS6 on this unit? I know Google released a map app when Apple tried to force everyone to use theirs, did they do the same for Youtube?

Netflix - I currently use AppMode to view Netflix from the Netflix app, will that change or will compatability be affected?

Pandora - Any issues with album artwork, song titles, etc. using this app on iOS6 and the headunit? I remember for a good bit that Pandora broke with a firmware release to where the source selection was messed up with Pandora and other stored music on the iPhone when swapping sources.

Music and Video playback - Everything okay in this department?

Thanks any info you guys can give me!

I have a Z110 (upgraded to Z130), and here are my findings:

YouTube app doesn't broadcast to the headunit.

Netflix app works in AppMode just fine.  No different than on previous IOSes.

Pandora works fine as well.

Music works as normal, and Video playback works in AppMode.

Also, some of my music videos are out-of-sync with the audio.  When I view those same videos on the iPone, they are fine.  Not sure what is causing this, but it happens.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the feedback fellas.  Did they release an app for YouTube? (I'm assuming so, heard the built in icon for YouTube was discontinued with iOS6).  Maybe I can further investigate compatibility that way.

Ive found that uninstalling the YouTube app, and using the Safari browser to use YouTube is more ideal.

Why, you ask?

Because the web-based Youtube can be broadcasted to the headunit.