AVIC411.com

New user q - CD continues to play when other source is selected

Hello,

I just installed a 940BT in my Suzuki Grand Vitara, it is working good (with handbrake mod), but I noticed that if I am playing a CD, then change to some other mode (radio, iPod, etc) when I return to CD mode the disc playback is advanced corresponding to whatever amount of time I was in the other mode. In other words, the playback does not seem to automatically pause. If I manually pause the disc before I change modes, then it is fine. This is not that big a deal, but it seems strange that the CD does not pause automatically. Is this normal behavior for this unit?

Thanks in advance, this is a great forum and already it has been very helpful. I plan to run the nag hack soon, and I will try to post some info on my particular install in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is strange is that this occurred several times in one day, but since then it has not occurred again. A software bug, I guess. Afterwards I learned that the tipoff for this issue is whether the CD begins playback instantly, or if there is a delay where the CD read occurs with the "arrows" icon appearing.

Some other brand HU does this intermittently also, since this happened virtually the first time I used the new HU I was a little bummed but since then it has worked "normally", pausing the playback as one would expect so I guess it's just an occasional thing.