AVIC411.com

Cannot connect Aha or Pandora over bluetooth

[FIXED: Just requires manually running the bluetooth firmware update with the \Firmware copied onto the root of an SD from the Z140 upgrade package] 

Hey guys,

After my 930 -> 940 firmware upgrade I'm unable to use the bluetooth Aha or Pandora feature from my android.

I have enabled bluetooth connection in the avic settings menu and though I can connect bluetooth phone and normal audio.

At first I thought it had to due with the fact that my android is running Sense4.2, which has a partial implementation of the bluetooth protocol. HTC develops the Sense libraries for their phones (including bluetooth packages) and for some reason they still haven't fully implemented things like VRCP v1.3 which is needed for some of the features of the headunit.

Last night I flashed a CM rom to my android, having its own drivers and kernel and bluetooth software that handles VRCP v1.3 and all the other latest stuff, and stlil no-dice. On the avic I can now see the name of songs I'm playing when connected via the normal bluetooth audio, but switching to Aha or Pandora modes drops my bluetooth connection and says "Not Connected".

Has anyone else worked around this? Or does anyone have Aha or Pandora connected via bluetooth on an android running Sense (specifically a HTC OneX)?

Now I think the issue is due to having old bluetooth profiles from the 930 firmware stored in my avic unit, but even after a factory restore I notice the bluetooth module settings persist.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you also run the bluetooth update? I had the same issue with my Droid 3 after upgrading my 930bt to the 940bt firmware.

The bluetooth update is a separate process and described somewhere - I can find you the link if needed ...

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Georg

Is this the update mentioned here?: http://www.pioneerel...ions_v3.001.pdf

That .exe is no longer hosted... anyone have it locally?..

Nevermind, found it on the interwebs here: http://www.lookwhati.../ahgbjjlfo09pg#

Gonna give it a shot. Hopefully this wipes the bluetooth data, my unit already has that fw version.

[Edit]

Yea this didn't work post 940 upgrade. It didn't even recognize the fw upgrade sd was inserted, it's likely looking for the 940 version. Is there a 940 fw upgrade package?

... looks like I missed the manual step to apply fw upgrade, per your posting here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35230-2012-uscan-maps-cnsd-310fmuc-upgrade-updated-to-supereasymethod-beta/

And thanks hobbes, seems like I missed your point earlier.

I loaded the 3.24 from the fw upgrade package 'Z140 Files.rar' and it's working like a charm now..

Pretty rad, now I get to enjoy all these amazing bluetooth app features I've been hearing about.