AVIC411.com

IPhone 5 Lightning Adapter, Does it Work?

I guess no one knows, well I got my OEM CD-I200 cable today and picked up the Adapter from the Apple Store. It works but doesnt charge. By the way I also tried the Chinese Knockoff Lightning Adapter and the Avic D3 Does Not Recognize the Phone, But When Using the OEM Lightning Adapter it Recognizes the Phone. Still No Charging but when i get the Cablejive im Sure it Will charge just fine. Pandora, Tune In Radio, and iPod App All work flawlessly with both the on screen buttons, physical buttons, and on the phone controls.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Against all recommendations here, I bought one of the ebay cables that charge iPhones. 

I kept my old iphone 4 in glove box and never touched it.  Random and the steering wheel controls worked.  Playlists worked as well.

That Iphone took a dump when it got wet on a boat.  I haven't replaced it yet.

I was able to get the same functionalilty on my iPhone 5 and the Apple converter. (charging/skipping, etc.)  I don't do that though because I don't want to bother hooking it up all the time.  I use my Zune instead (aux 1 w/ zune home dock/ cigarette to usb adapter behind the dash) and "suffer" with havign to manually change songs.

A word of advice with the iphone 5 adapter - get the adapter with the short cable. You be able to use it with most cases.  The short POS only works with flip cases.

• 2 months later...

I was going to start a new thread regarding this but this will do.

I bought the D3 a few years ago and had in a vehicle. Great unit! Well I gave it to my brother and I got it back a few days ago.

Of course it's now missing the gps antenna and the map cds ugh.

My question is this, I just ordered an Iphone 5S and want to buy the ipod cable but noticed it's for the 30 pin. Has the bugs been fixed? I read somewhere on here that they were having trouble with the lightning to 30 pin adapter. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that a CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter for iPhone, iPod, and iPad, and an Apple Lightening adapter from 30-pin works on an AVIC-D2, and charges the iPhone. It will charge it as fast as it charges on a laptop, so maybe not quickly, but in my cast at least I will not be using Bluetooth. I primarily use it for podcasts and Spotify. 

EDIT: I also want to add that doubling up on adapters seems sooooo 1990. =) ... and it's a bit scary.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm that the d3, CD-I200, lightning adapter, and the iPhone 5s (iOS 7) work? I planning to order the CD-I200 cable, plus the converter adapter from Apple. I have the knock off iPod cable connect to my d3, but my d3 doesn't even recognize my old 4 running on IOS 7. It used to work when I was running in iOS 6.