AVIC411.com

I installed my new appradio 2 this weekend and connected it to my iPod 4th gen with iOS6. I put the GPS antenna on the dash and in the middle close to the windshield. The navigation is so slow, it refreshes the location every 3 seconds or so and sometime it jumps to some random locations (not too far but no accurate at all though). Checked the location services and everytime was on. Checked the GPS signal in the unit and it is receiving 9 satellite signals (the orange satellites are 9 and no yellow)….

Does anyone have the same experience with this unit in terms of GPS with iPod?

I went for a test drive with the waze searching the network from the home WiFi but the problem is still there. The problem comes from the refresh rate of the positioning, it reposition the location every 5-12 seconds! Which means I can pass 3-4 intersections before the app tells me to turn! whereas an actual gps needs to have a refresh rate of at least 1 seconds.

I'm not sur of the info, but Dejan told me that with igo, it works from his iphone 4 wich gps antena is broken...( the main thing is to know wich gps software use directly the appradio gps antena directly...)

still again i'm not sure...and igo is a little exepensive to buy just to try....

unless you have jailbroken device...

How do i know which software uses the appradio and not the ipod's antenna?

I will jailbreak my ipod to see if igo has a solution for it...

Thanks Dejan and yonel for your helps

P.S. I might post a video recording of what I was talking about. it might be more clear then...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...