AVIC411.com

15mph problem with bypass

I'm pretty sure all of the grounds are correct. I connected it to a metal bracket attached to the chassis. It might be the pin that I had to install, but does the mute wire HAVE to be removed in order for this to work, or do you guys just need that wire for the other slot?

No it doesnt. U can buy a separate pin and inserted one spot left of the mute wire, then ground that new pin and the green wire to chassis. This way u don't have to try to de-pin the mute wire, which is a PITA to remove. On my x920bt I just depin the mute wire, took a razor and cut into the pin holder, then remove the wire.

So do you think it is just the connection? Where more likely is it, that the entire unit ground is bad, or just the override connection? Right now it says something about the parking brake but allows me to pick an address or watch a DVD without having the brake pulled.

• 4 weeks later...

So do you think it is just the connection? Where more likely is it, that the entire unit ground is bad, or just the override connection? Right now it says something about the parking brake but allows me to pick an address or watch a DVD without having the brake pulled.

Sounds like the bypass is not done correctly, and your posts aren't painting a full picture.

Post what unit you have, what pin(s) you grounded in order to bypass and the problem you are seeing.

Verify the parking brake and bypass pin are both grounded.  Verify that where you grounded it is actually grounded with a multimeter/ohmmeter. 

Why not just splice into the ground on your radio harness?  It's easy and you know it's a good ground.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...