AVIC411.com

2007 Solstice and X940BT Help

I just got a 2007 Solstice and bought a X940BT to go in the car. I was told by the salesman that it would fit and then got the wiring harness and size kit.

I looked on Crutchfield and it says the model does NOT fit my car BUT it also says the AVIC D3 doesn't and I have seen threads stating the opposite with photos.

Before I take my dash apart, is Crutchfield usually right or is it something that can be worked around?

Thanks!

Seems like if you were able to get a mount kit then it should fit. It is the same as any other 2DIN size HU. Crutchfield has good info but they aren't perfect. They had only partial info on my car (a 2010), but bad correct info for the same model as a 2009. I'd check some Pontiac or Toyota forums. Someone there should know.

Well when they say it won't fit they mean it! I had to push the wire harness behind the radio "cave" into the dash just to get the Navigation to slide all the way back, but it is all installed and working. Dash is still apart so I can install the reverse camera coming today. Should have it all done tonight. I'll post pics after.

• 1 year later...

I also have a 2007 Solstice and put in a 940. It fit with both a Sirius unit and traffic antenna without real issues. I won't lie, it is tight, but it's all in there and the dash is put back together. I also got the remote adapter from PAC Audio (SWI-RC) so the steering wheel controls work. Took a few times to get it to program, but it works well.